- 4 weeks ago
- Wedding: March 2018 - The Venue, Barkisland, UK
I am working away and went out for dinner on my own; nothing to focus on other than my kindle and food. At the table next to me were two couples; one of the pair were engaged.
The extremely loud conversation the women (bride, and one of three bridesmaids from the sounds of it) were having was about a “friend” – one of the other bridesmaids;
– how dare BM go travelling, returning for the wedding (10 months away), then go travelling again?
– BM is going to have to pay for her own dress alterations because BM is not going to be here, and all hell is going to break loose if the dress can’t be made to fit
– BM said she didn’t want a plus one so BM had better not ring up later asking for one, because the answer would be NO
– BM cannot under any circumstances get pregnant
– even though BM’s going to be on the other side of the world, BM had better help with the wedding (I note that the second woman, apparently another bridesmaid, didn’t dispute just how much help she’d be providing at this point)
– BM had better come back a while before the hen party and not turn up just for that then go again
– BM is only going because she’s got a work visa from a job that fell through (in a “how sad” kind of voice)
– BM hasn’t even booked anywhere to stay, she’s only booked her flights. BM goes next month (said in a very judgemental tone)
So Becky, if you’re reading this then I’m afraid that your bride sounds like a total bitch and honestly I’m not sure I’d bother coming home from Australia for the wedding. Enjoy your trip!
Has anybody else been totally shocked by the expectations of other brides?