(Closed) BM dresses from L&T–what to do?

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1793 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I would order it for them. Maybe you can ask them to send you the money first. If you wait for it to come online, and it never does, you could be in trouble. Often I find stuff at dept. stores that they don’t sell on their website, I think its pretty common.

As for sizes, how did the MOH’s dress fit? Was it her normal size? If so, I think you are safe in just ordering each BM’s regular size. Unless the dress is much too tight, you can always alter it instead of having them send it back to you to exchange it. It would probably be easier and almost as expensive as all the shipping costs to send the dress back and forth.

Is that the color of the dress in the pic? I love it!

Post # 4
5786 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would buy the dresses and ship them to the other Bms. You’ll know how true to size it is based on your local BMs. These dresses may never be sold online. As for them paying you, I am currently waiting on all four of my BMs to pay me back for their dresses. I figure I’ll make them hand me checks before I let them walk down the aisle 😉

Post # 6
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

The dresses are beautiful!

Buying them at a department store allows you a lot more flexibility than you would have with most bridesmaids dresses–where you are measured, compared to the size chart, and then alterations are done if (when) it doesn’t fit just right.

You could always send the girls to the maker’s website for a size chart and let them know how you compared. Then I would definitely go buy the sizes that your other bridesmaids need. Maybe even purchase a couple of extras depending on the store’s return policy.

The topic ‘BM dresses from L&T–what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors