(Closed) BMs: same dresses & different shoes??

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
6 posts
  • Wedding: November 1999

Here is a sandal idea. I wish these were available when I got married. And it benefits women in Uganda to go to college.

Other than that, I think different shoes would look fine with short dresses.

Post # 4
5786 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I did silver heels of their own choice and I think it looked nice. Everyone got to show off a little bit of personality and they all got to buy shoes they’d actually want to wear again. I love your inspiration pic but I think that’s a hard look to pull off even assuming you find shoes in everyones size/price range.

Random guest pic of all my girls wearing different shoes.

Post # 5
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - The Chapel of the Sir Christopher Wren Building, 2007 Legacy Hall

I think different shoes would be absolutely fine. (And it would ensure that they get to wear something comfortable and that they like as well!)

Post # 6
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

All of my BMs wore the same red, knee-length dress, and I let them wear whatever pair of black shoes they wanted. Some wore heels, some wore flats. They all looked totally cute, and they were comfortable in their choices and got to show their own personality/style. You can see their different shoes in the photos, and I think they looked great!

P.S. The Bridesmaid or Best Man dress you chose is beautiful!

Post # 8
1278 posts
Bumble bee

Different shoes is always fun!  I personally enjoy it because they can still share a little bit about thier own style and find something that will wear again.  

And the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are gorgeous!

Post # 10
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My BMs all wore the same dress, and they each wore their own choice of black, dressy sandals.  I wanted them all to be comfortable, and it’s really hard to find one shoe that fits a wide range of sizes and is inexpensive.  They all looked great 🙂

Post # 12
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@BlueSatinBows: That a great idea! One of my BMs got married a few weeks before I did, and I was in her wedding. She let us choose whichever red shoes we wanted, and then she gifted us adorned flip-flops for the reception. It’s a great and thoughtful gift!

Post # 13
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I also gave my BMs the choice of silver peep toes or strappy sandals and I thought it ended up looking nice:

Also I LOVE the filp flops, so cute!

Post # 14
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I let my BMs pick their own shoes in the same color (silver)  They were happy and comfortable and no one would have said anything about the shoes not matching.  I say let them pick their own.

Post # 16
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@BlueSatinBows: are those spray painted or thats the color they came? im doing the flip flop basket too. silver is one of my colors. great job on them!

The topic ‘BMs: same dresses & different shoes??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors