Boston Bee's! Wedding dresses under $1,500 and size 16/18? Where do I go?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
43 posts
  • Wedding: October 2014

If you can get to Vows that day or another day, they really are amazing. Starting at size 14, they sort the dresses by size. They are kind of hidden because all the smaller sizes are by shape. I almost left the store before a consultant found my dress on the 14 rack! I had no idea it was there! The service and the dresses are exceptional. Sorry, I don’t know of any other places in the area 🙁 most unhelpful, I know, but I just had to share about Vows. 

Post # 4
15 posts

I had the same budget and size restrictions. I bought my gown from Vows but I had a better experience at Grandasia in Quincy. Really great selection and very helpful staff! My consultant pinned every dress to show me how it would fit once in my size. It was really nice and they also offer really reasonable alterations if you buy from them. The only real boutique I went to was Flair in Back Bay. I think I tried on size 12 samples there and, again, they were great at pinning and showing exactly how the gowns would look. Flair has really beautiful, simple, clean lined gowns. Grandasia and Vows have the more traditional bridal and you’ll have a better chance of finding a fun over the top gown at either of those. Have fun!

Post # 5
1446 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I liked La Reine in Waltham!  I bought my dress there.  I am not 100% sure what range of sizes they carry (I think my wedding dress was a 14) but worth a shot.  They have dresses sorted into rooms by price range– so there is an under $1000 room, a room for $1000-1500, etc.  My dress was just under $1000 (I was prepared to spend up to $1500 or so).

Post # 6
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

It’s not the fanciest of places, but if you’re willing to drive an hour south of Boston, Party Dress Express has a ton of options! Chck out their website and see if it’s worth the trip. So many of my friends got their wedding gowns there and BM dresses. I plan on going there to check out their selection too. They have a wide price range.

Good luck!!

Post # 7
705 posts
Busy bee

Vows is definitely the best deal. I got mine there but I have also heard that party dress express was good lIke said above but it is a bit of a drive! 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors