Bought my dress ! Allure 9120

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1119 posts
Bumble bee

Congratulations on choosing your dress! I just googled it… gorgeous! 

Post # 3
101 posts
Blushing bee

that’s stunning dress! good luck for your wedding

Post # 4
6 posts
Newbee

ATSC:  I tried this on yesterday and it is stunning! I think it’s the one for me too.

Post # 5
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Norton Country Club

I had the same issue when I picked this dress out in April!  We’re dress twins… maybe triplets if Aricci22 goes with it as well!  It’s funny that you mention the Esme dress.  I wanted to try it on so badly, but felt like it made me look very clunky/wide/short torso-ed.  I am pretty heavy in the top, so I needed something to help with that.  Here’s a shot of me in our dress!  I won’t have bra straps on, but I definitely needed the support since the sample is a size smaller than I ordered:

Edited to ask: Did you try it with any skirt undergarments?  I tried with a 3 circle hoop (made it huge) and a crinoline… I think I’ll be going with a crinoline underneath to get more movement in that pretty skirt overlay! 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  wvlefty.
Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

perfect 

Post # 8
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Yes it is my dress. I purchased it a few weeks ago. Regretfully, I did not think about taking any pics, which would have been nice because I was actually in a sample size larger not smaller than my fluffy self! 

Good thought ATSC, because I’ve been concerned also about wearing a bracelet and if it would catch the tulle. 

Post # 9
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

wvlefty:     Is that your ring wvleftry? Looks like you and I have the same taste! Same ring, same dress. Lol. 

Post # 10
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Norton Country Club

My dress just came in! I get my fitting on the 23rd (soooo excited!!!!).

Accessories:  I think I’ll be keeping my accessories minimal because of the bling factor of the dress.  I bought these earrings http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nadri-princess-earrings/3052909?origin=category&BaseUrl=Earrings because they match the style of my ring and they are super lightweight.  I’m also considering this https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/wraps_jewelry/greymaraboucapelet for outdoor pictures… 

I’m borrowing my sister’s elbow-length veil because it’s good luck (here’s hoping! lol) and the trim on it looks like it was made for this dress- what luck! Just a heads up on veils and this dress- that heavy beading means a veil can get snagged easily.  If you’ll have a veil over the face (a blusher?), you may want to be wary of how far down your torso it will go.

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee

I thought I wanted a fit and flare until I put this dress on. It was perfect. 

Post # 13
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I just tried this dress on today and loved it! I don’t have a picture of me in it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors