(Closed) Bought my dress!!! (Casablanca B045)

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@jenjen96:  What do you mean when you say it needs to be taken in a lot? How much is a lot? Because I know that alterations do end up costing as much as the dress, depending on how much you paid.  That being said, you don’t have to do alterations through them.  You can always ask around.

Post # 4
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@jenjen96:  I agree w/ the PP abotu what do you mean by it needs taken in a lot? Does it need taken in a lot all over or just in one area (for example, I have a Sottero & Midgley and it needs taken in a little only in the bust and hemmed)? I bought a sample dress, and it was worth it for me. It also happened to be a discontinued dress. As my dress is also a sample, the beading is a little messed up in a few places (butu my seamstress said it seems in really good shape for a sample), but that is easily fixed. Honestly, if your dress is in similar shape to mine, you wouldn’t notice the beading issue unless you looked up close and knew what you were looking for. As for alterations – shop around! You don’t necessarily need them done where you bought the dress. There’s a bridal salon near me that charges $600 for alterations, flat fee (regardless of what you need done!!! Crazy talk, in my book). I am going to a woman that is a seamstress out of her house and charges pennies compared to that place.

Post # 6
4 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

@jenjen96:  I’m also petite, 5’0 and 95lbs. I ordered the same dress back in January. When they measured me, I fell off their size chart. They said even a size 2 would require so much alterations that it would be very costly. They also said it would be very difficult to keep the lace trim at the bottom if you have to bring it up shorter. They too saw how much I loved the dress and ended up giving me a 15% off as well as split the cost ($150) of having it custom ordered to my size. Total my dress costed $1500 and I won’t have to spend a dime on alterations. I hope you did not have spend a fortune with the local seamstress.

The topic ‘Bought my dress!!! (Casablanca B045)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors