(Closed) Brdesmaids dresses-want a dress they can wear again but stick between $110- $130

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

If you want a dress they can wear again, you need to let them pick the dress. Like you pick the color and send them to Alfred Angelo or Davids Bridal to pick one they like. And even then, it’s unlikely they’ll wear it again.

Post # 4
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

What about J. Crew? their dresses go on sale quite a bit. Nordstroms also has really pretty dresses that definitely can be reworn to a number of different events.

Post # 5
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I cannot rave about the Victoria Secret convertible dresses enough!  FABULOUS!  And, they’re like $89!

Post # 6
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My BM picked out the sophia dress at JCREW.  We got in on sale for $99, and I like to think they’ll be able to wear it again.

Post # 7
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

jcrew can be in that range, and they can pick their own dress. if they don’t have the color you want now, email their bridal coordinators and ask when the new season will be introduced and what colors are coming out. it will probably be out soon!

Post # 8
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’ve been looking at Mori Lee and Romantic Bridal bridesmaid dresses. They both have a great selection with a wide range of colors and sizes. Mori Lee’s Affair bridesmaid is my favorite of theirs. Plus you can just pick a color and let them choose a dress. I am thinking about having a certain length and fabric to keep some kind of uniformity but letting them choose from there. That way they can go with a more affordable one if its their main concern.

I know some are not your colors but just wanted to show you some styles both had:

Mori Lee- Azure and Cornflowers are the best colors for you. I love the Azure.

Romantic Bridal- Shallow Blue and Blue Bird are the best colors for you. I think you will like Shallow Blue better is a much lighter blue, its the only blue one below.

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I would say let them each pick a different dress, one they like and would wear again. I love when bridesmaids have all different styles cause it reflects their personalities – and after all isn’t that why we choose them and love them! All of the vendors listed above are great for same colors, same materials but various styles! Good luck

Post # 10
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Also, look at department stores. My girls got thier dreses from JC Penny for $60!

I found this one at Dillards for $42!

[attachment=1481069,187779]

Post # 12
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Ann Taylor has GREAT bridesmaids dresses. They come in several colors and styles. I’m planning on telling my BMs to choose a dress in a specific color (that way they wear something they like, but they still kind of match). The dresses run about $200, but if you sign up for Ann Taylor’s email, you’ll constantly get coupons and discount codes. I’ve been getting them quite regularly for 40% off the entire purchase, including full-price items. That would put the dresses at $120 with the discount.

Post # 13
2859 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

If you’re looking for dresses they’d wear again, I’d stay away from traditional bridesmaid designers. Why not try stores like J. Crew or Nordstrom?

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I agree with the above posts about JCrew…their dresses are definitely re-wearable after the wedding, and I think they even have a few styles of pale blue dresses on sale right now. If you call them, they will send you fabric samples in whichever colours you think you might like…I find that helps since it’s hard to tell if you’ll like a fabric or colour from your computer screen. Good luck 🙂

Post # 15
4606 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

My BM dresses will be coming from Alfred Angelo.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=707b85e7-8eb7-41ad-8b12-4e54980b26a2&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=0&colorId1

My girls picked this dress solely because they knew they would wear it again.

ETA: My bridesmaids range in size from a 4 to a 28, and Alfred Angelo offers their styles in most every size. I know it’s not a dress they will wear all the time, but it’s something they can wear to a nicer event.

Post # 16
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

knee length dresses are more likely to be worn again than full length, but it really does depend on the personal style of each bridesmaid. Some may hate the color and never wear it again even if they love the style of the dress

The topic ‘Brdesmaids dresses-want a dress they can wear again but stick between $110- $130’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors