- 9 years ago
- Wedding: March 2010
I am not sure if you ladies have read my previous post about my wedding dress designer, but it gets better!
I just happened to have dinner near the bridal salon where my custom dress has been ordered and $1800 deposit given. I look at the window and the entire store has been cleared out and there is a for rent sign!
I got a hold of the designer and due to some lease disagreement, she is making the dresses from her house. She assured me I would have my dress and will give it to me early now. I am still unerved because she did not contact me first to tell me she is moving. No phone call or form letter even.
I am supposed to go to the first fitting in a month, and I found an alternate dress from Alvina Valenta I could have rush ordered within two months. How do you think I should proceed? My wedding is in March, what do you think is reasonable time I start looking at alternatives? Should I be freaking out more, and ask for my deposit back. She was in business for several years, and I do love the dress.