(Closed) Bride & Groom Speech

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2588 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

You don’t actually have to give a speech at all–going table-to-table and thanking guests personally will suffice. 🙂

Post # 4
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i agree, i don’t think its absolutely necessary if both of you are not comfortable speaking. ( i’ve been to a handful of weddings and have never seen the bride and groom say anything.)

Having said that, I think it is a nice idea and fiance and i plan to. Just short and sweet. I think thanking your guests for coming and your parents for hosting (if they are) sounds wonderful!

Post # 5
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

I also have never seen a bride or groom speak at the wedding.  Since it sounds like its not something you want to do, just skip it all together.

Post # 6
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am like you, I wouldn’t want to make this huge speech in front of a lot of people like that. That being said, I would either go the route of making a short and sweet “thank you for attending and support/encouragement” kind of speech under about 45 seconds. Or I would just follow the suggestion of personally walking around to each of the tables and thanking the guests individually or in small groups. I actually prefer that more as a wedding guest anyway because I feel it is more sincere.

Post # 7
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We are actually really doing any speeches.  We are having an open mic for 20 minutes for anyone who wants to say something.  I have also heard for Brides and grooms going around to each table and doing a cheers and thank you which can be nice and personal for your guests.

The topic ‘Bride & Groom Speech’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors