Bride is livid she only received 300 photos. Help!!

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: What should I do?
    Give her all (1800) un-edited photos and risk having your name on poor quality photos. : (71 votes)
    36 %
    Edit more photos, even if you don't feel they're professional quality. : (47 votes)
    24 %
    Other? : (82 votes)
    41 %
  • Post # 3
    4825 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

What did you advertise to her and how much did she pay you?

Post # 4
    352 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

It really depends on what your contract said. My destination photographer will be giving us 100-120 photos for 4 hours and our at home reception photographer will be giving us about 300 (avg) for 6 hours… 

I think 300 for 3.5 hours is very resonable!

Post # 5
    2878 posts
    Sugar bee

I’m not experiences with wedding packages, because I haven’t been actively searching yet, but 300 pictures for 3.5 hours seem like a lot ? I recall seeing full days (6 to 8 hours, 2 photographers) with barely more than 400 pics included in the package. It seems like a hell of a good deal, especially if she received other hundreds of pictures from her family and friends on top of yours !

I don’t know what the others will say, but to me you don’t seem in the wrong. 

Post # 6
    2565 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I’m sorry, I have nothing constructive to add because I would want to smack this entilted prat upset her head.  Her guests were taking 100 photos an hour?  Bullshit.

Post # 7
    9949 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

@OnceUponATime:  I know I was also frustrated that I wasn’t allowed to choose which photos made the cut.  My photographer sent me a jpeg of one that didn’t make the cut…and I loved it!  She took out all the ones of us goofing around.  She said she deleted them from her camera, so I didn’t say anything.

I think today, when it’s so easy to take a million photos, and edit them later, brides should be able to choose which photos they want.  

Post # 8
    7929 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

The first time I got married (2007), I paid $4200 for my photography and got back like 450 photos for 8 hours with two professional, full-time photographers. The photos were excellent and that package came with an album and a few prints, but that mgiht give some perspective. 

I think 50-100 photos an hour is pretty standard.

Post # 10
    1367 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I had around 1000 photos but our photographer was with us for more than 8 hours and we had a second shooter.  So what you posted sounds reasonable to me.

Post # 12
    4440 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I had getting ready, ceremony (1/2 hour) 1 hour bridal party pics and 7-12 reception and ended up with 1290 pics. All edited. 

Post # 13
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@OnceUponATime:  to be honest, i’m not 100% sure what the “average” number of photos is? From what information i read above it sounds as if she was upset from a previous encounter and that it dragged on into the wedding. Maybe you can insert a clause into your contracts explaining what the customer can expect, or next time reach out to her in advance asking her to respond to the survey so that you have proof she never responded? I’m sorry, I’m sure this is a sticky situation. She is probably either expecting a refund (or partial one), or more photos. 

Post # 14
    1112 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

300 photos for 3.5 hours seems like a lot to me. We have about 600 from our photographer who shot from 9 to… 3 or 4 I think, so about twice the photos for twice the time (she also had an assistant, so there were two photographers). How many did you take total? If  she wants the unfocused and duplicate ones, could you just give them to her with a note restating what you told her before?

Post # 16
    2474 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with giving her the unedited versions of the photos you took. You promised (I’m assuming) 300 or so EDITED photos, which YOU chose. She sounds really picky, and frankly, as long as you get credit, I don’t see anything wrong with giving her the rest.

My photog decided “editing” meant removing the bags under my eyes and things like that. I was quite disappointed because it didn’t look like “me” in a lot of the photos. I wished he’d given me the originals so that I could do it myself (I’m very proficient in photoshop). I didn’t ask for the extras (I decided to bite the bullet and live with it), but I think I am fully within my rights to ask for them if I choose to. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors