"Bride to bees"…December 2015…Anyone??

posted 3 years ago in December 2015
Post # 3
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2015

A fellow December 2015 bee! I’m also planning my wedding for then, for money reasons and my FI’s sister is only back in the country once a year at Christmas and this year would be too soon.

Have you done much planning yet? We’ve just started looking at venues casually to see what kind of thing we’re looking for but we haven’t got many ideas yet.

It seems so far away but I’m so sure the time will just fly!

Post # 4
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Another December 2015 bride, here. Congratulations to you both!

We are having a super long engagement. FI and I got engaged at Disney World in June 2012. We are planning for December 2015 due to college constraints. I am about to enter grad school and he is currently in grad school. Seems like a long ways off, but time is definitely flying! 

We have been slowly planning. Many vendors in my area are already booked up for 2014 and much of 2015, so we had to get an early start to reserve our date. 

I actually bought my dress this past weekend. Very early, I know. However, my closest Aunt is battling stage 4 breast cancer and is not doing well. I wanted her, my mom, and myself to have a memorable girl’s trip to find the dress. We did and I have no regrets. 

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee

@Rainbow81:  Thank you so much. The prayers are greatly appreciated!

I just realized that we are wedding twins. How awesome! We are a bit biased, but I think December 4, 2015 is going to rock. Cool

My dress is Bonny 1307: 

http://www.bonny.com/collections/unforgettable/1307#.UvHZi_ldWSo

It’s honestly everything that I thought I would hate. I didn’t want detail on the skirt. I didn’t want a lace up back. I did not want strapless that would show off my flab. However, I tried on a bunch of dresses with steeves (thinking that they would be more flattering) and I honestly looked like a linebacker for a football team. The strapless was much more flattering. I fell in love!

I am debating on whether or not to add a sleeve of some sort. Since it is a December wedding. Plus our ceremony will take place in our church (Baptist). However, I will likely shed any sleeves/cover ups at the reception hall. It’s sort of a loft atmosphere. Exposed brick… hardwood floors… exposed pipes… 14 ft ceiling… and windows all around overlooking the river.

Here I am (ignore the rachet-ness of my bra straps):

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

@Rainbow81:  

December 12, 2015 here 🙂

With everything we have to do, this year would be too soon lol. Next year it is! I’m glad tho, I hate feeling rushed! 🙂

COngrats to all the December brides!

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

@Rainbow81:  Thank you very much! I think I’m going to add a petticoat for the actual big day. I tried on one the other day and it really brings the layered skirt to life. Lol. It is having some minor alterations done right now. I will likely post a picture once it is done. 

I did a ton of researching as well. Pinterest is the devil! Lol. My advice is to keep an eye out for sales! I know David’s Bridal has one going on right now. Mine just happened to be 25% off since the sample gown fit. So I went in with a budget of $1500 and left with my dress that was under $900. I was shocked and my mom’s wallet was happy that the dream dress was a bargain. 

Money Mouth

It helps to take pictures of what you like when you do decide to start your search. It is your day to get dolled up and be the princess that you are, so go for it! Work it. *insert z-snap* 

I am in speech-language pathology. I graduate with my B.S. in May then start grad school in the fall. Congrats on finishing up your undergrad! We’re so close to the finish line. Lol. 

Welcome @clovehopper !  It’s much better to not rush the planning process, so way to go! It’s so much fun! We’ve been engaged for almost 2 years and I can tell you that the time is flying! I don’t see how brides plan things super quickly. I would be a wreck!! 

Post # 9
1302 posts
Bumble bee

Also a Dec 2015 bride! Mostly because I want to finish my Masters before I get married, and so I won’t have to feel rushed. 🙂 But I’ve already started and it’s making me so excited and I kind of want to get married sooner hahaha.  

Post # 10
1201 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: A very pretty church.

Dec 27 (probably?) ^_^ Waiting for him to hopefully finish school. We were going to wait until we were both done, but I’ve had to punch out for health reasons and we don’t want to wait forever.

Post # 11
203 posts
Helper bee

Hello! I am new to the WeddingBee community so I thought I would start here. I am a 12/24/15 bride! The date is really significant to both my FI and I as we got together on Christmas Eve of 2012! It’s a struggle to find venues and such that will perform a ceremony for us on Christmas Eve, but I am still hopeful..Haha! I have always wanted a winter wedding and I’m so excited to finally be planning mine. 

Congratulations to all the bees anxiously waiting for the big day!!

Post # 12
1201 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: A very pretty church.

SoonToBeeMartinez:  Good luck, we thought about a Christmas Eve (day he proposed) or NYE (party ^_^) wedding but it was too hard for us sadly.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Taiki.
Post # 13
203 posts
Helper bee

Taiki:  Thank you! I’m sorry to hear that but ultimately any date that you get to marry the love of your life sounds good to me Haha!!! I was pretty worried that we won’t be able to work all the details out for that date too, but if we have to change it slightly it will still be just as great another day! Good luck!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

December 18!!!

Post # 15
414 posts
Helper bee

FI and have been engaged for 2 weeks and decided on a 12/23/15 date! I’ve always wanted a winter wedding so I am happy. We live in Chicago and are on a small budget so good luck to our planning lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors