Brides with a guest list 200+!! Help!

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@FutureMrsT1221:  I don’t remember what my venue had as far as square footage, but we set up 20+ round tables not counting the head table which seated the wedding party and parents.

I would go by the venue because if they say they can only seat 180 then that is what they can seat and by having any more you may get charged a fine or they may just not be able to accomodate your wedding size.

Post # 5
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@FutureMrsT1221:  It is quite a different number, and I am not sure how they differ so much. I would call the venue you want and ask why they have it set at 180 people. Typically that is according to fire code I believe. They won’t be able to budge on the number allowed just because you have more people to accomodate. Yes, more than likely more could fit in there, but they run a risk getting fined for that, and in turn would end up suing you for the fine.

I would go with the other venue if the current venue you want still says 180 people. Whatever you do, don’t try to sneak just an extra 30 people in there or anything.

Post # 6
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

By the way, I don’t know if this helps at this point but I did some checking and our venue was 4000 square feet and accomodated 300 people max.

Post # 7
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@FutureMrsT1221:  Have you gone to see what both venues look like? Try and visualize your set up. Long tables will take up less space than round tables. Most venues also suggest how many people they are able to seat (reception seating, convention seating, theatre seating, buffet seating) I would contact the manager at each of the venues and ask how many people they were able to seat for a buffet style dinner. The managers should be able to help you out 🙂

Post # 8
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Our venue is 3570 square feet, and it holds an absolute max of 210.  The layout of the room is a bit different, which probably accounts for the smaller seating capacity.  According to the coordinator, there is still room for a dance floor at 210, but it’s TINY.  He says that the room (and the dancing) works much better with about 185 or fewer guests. 

I’d talk with the venue coordinators, and ask what they’ve done in the past as far as arranging tables and making room for a dance floor and a buffet.  Ask them to walk you around the space and tell you EXACTLY where everything will be. 

Good luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors