Post # 1
I have searched but I’m finding it tricky to find more comprehensive lists of what fellow brides are buying their BMs and FGs. I have some ideas, but I’m struggling to find things both my BMs and I will LOVE, and actually appreciate.
Can you tell me what you bought/will be getting for your attendants?
Here’s what I’m thinking so far:
- One of those hankies that are all the rage on Etsy with the poem that goes something like: “Today you are young but the years will pass by, and you’ll soon be a bride in the blink of an eye, so here’s a gift for the day you will say, I need something old for my wedding day.”
- A mini-bridemaid robe
- Some jewellery – probably a bracelet
I need more ideas for the FGs! One is 11, and one is 6.
- Robe from Homebodii in their favourite colour
- Minimergency bridesmaid kit
- A hanger for their dress, with their name and our wedding date on it
- Jewellery – probably to wear on the wedding day as I am buying their dresses/make up/hair and don’t really want to fork out for a gift AND jewellery to wear at the wedding
- A candle – may make it myself
- A handmade card like this, execept I will paint it myself:
- A customised tote like this:
Post # 3
For our flowergirls I got them gifts from Toys R Us. They both love Disney princesses so I got them the same toy so they wouldnt argue over it. I think it was around $40-50. They are 4 so a handkerchief or jewelry wouldnt be something I thought they could appreciate.
Bridesmaids I got them:
monogram robes (with their names only)
makeup bags in their favorite colors and stuffed with makeup, makeup remover wipes, Aleve, VS gift cards, EOS lip balm, and some other things (they were FILLED!)
gift cards for at least $75 each girl to their favorite stores
Anything wedding related (ie the jewelry that I bought and makeup I paid for) I didnt include as part of their gift because it really isnt….
Post # 4
I tried to treat each person like I would for a birthday and also what I know I would like. I remember being in a wedding as Maid/Matron of Honor and getting a horrible gift so I made it a mission to please my girls. I had 6 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. We also had a ringbearer and I got him a game he wanted for his DS.
Post # 5
Just finished mine yesterday. Some of the women here consider them to be awful gifts, but i think the girls will like them.
BMs – a nice handbag, a pair of heels, a pair of flipflops, necklace and bracelet for the ceremony, a multi-pack of earrings, and a thank you note, plus their hair and makeup.
Flower Girl – an embroidered hankie and an activity kit
Ring Bearer – activity kit and a small pocketknife
Groomsmen – superhero logo tshirt, pocketknife with their initials, and something else
Post # 6
i have one flower girl (my god daughter) and her mom and i discussed and agreed that i would just get her a monter high doll that she’s really been wanting 😉 i figured hey – might as well get her something that she’ll actually enjoy!
my girls are getting stationary/journal/paper sets, a framed picture of me and each girl, a pair of custom earrings i had made for them, a custom tie dye tshirt (its a thing with me), and a wedding day emergency kit all in a reusable canvas-type and eco-friendly shopping bag.