Bridesmaid can only afford 50.00 for bridesmaid dress,

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@isabelle_86:  Ask her and all your bridesmaids to wear a black dress or a dress in another color of their choosing. There’s no reason why this should be expensive.

Post # 5
42469 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Give your bridesmaids your blessing to wear a dress of their choosing in your choice of color and length.

Post # 6
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@isabelle_86:  I know you mentioned you’re on EI, but can you afford another $50/bridesmaid, bringing the budget up to $100 a dress? This will allow open up your options of dresses.

Try looking for off the rack dresses at your local mall. There are great dresses available! Also, I would stick to a dress colour that is more popular, allowing for more selections–blacks, grey, etc.

ETA: okay, just saw your wedding colours are silver and purple. Okay. So I would suggest to let your bridesmaid know she should be out looking for silver dresses during the Christmas and New Years season. Not only are there alot of options, because it’s a festive colour, but you could probably score a good Boxing Day deal.

Good luck!

Post # 7
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

could you let them choose a purple or silver dress on their own?

or maybe choose a couple different ones in that price range and show them all to the bridesmaids, and have them choose?

Post # 8
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@isabelle_86:  So ask her to wear a purple of silver dress. Your only other alternative is to find a dress that costs $50 or under. Maybe try H&M or Forever 21, soething like that. 

Post # 9
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@isabelle_86:  How about Little Borrowed Dress? It’s $50 to rent the short dresses (plus shipping which she could split with other bridesmaids)

Post # 12
2061 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My BM dresses actually came to $45 and they’re from J.Crew. They’ve been having awesome sales lately…The dress was regularly $250, down to $99, then 40% off + free shipping +25% off for opening a J.Crew card. Check them out!

Post # 13
42469 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@isabelle_86:  Would you prefer them in purple or silver?

Post # 14
5192 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@isabelle_86:  I think you have two good options:

1) Tell everyone the colour/look and let them find and buy their own dresses

2) Go shopping at normal stores, not bridal stores for the dresses.  Honestly, I think dresses from normal stores are way nicer and more re-wearable anyhow.

By the way, what’s an ODSP?

Post # 16
428 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

How about infinity dresses?  I know there are some out there for less than $50.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors