Post # 1
Okay here goes all my never-ending questions. My wedding colors are teal and navy (peacock themed). It’s a year from today (yay!). It’s also an evening ceremony. My number one thing is I want the girls to like the dress and to be able to wear it again. Beause long dresses seem more formal I don’t think I want to go that route because most of my bridesmaids will not have many other formal fucntions that will give them the option of wearing the dress again.
1. Is above the knee too short for an evening, winter wedding?
My mom and I have also not decided if we are paying for the dresses or if we will ask the girls to pay. My original idea was to have them pay for the dress if I allow them to pick it out . If I picked it out and made everyone wear the same dress, I would pay for the dress.
2. Should I have them all pick out a navy dress in the same material and length?
3. Is around $100 do-able?
4. What online sites have you used, are trusted for bridesmaid dresses?
All my girls live in different parts of the country right now so I’m trying to think ahead of time since they won’t all be able to get together before the wedding and go shopping.
Post # 3
Tradition usually dictates that they will pay for their own dresses. Trust me, as the planning goes along ever extra dollar will help you out towards your wedding, and if they have agreed to be a bridesmaid generally people understand that paying for a dress is a part of their responsibility.
I don’t think that dress is too short. Somethin I would suggest is to tell the girls to get their dress from one place (like Alfred Angelo – they have a good selection), get a certain colour , certain fabric (I’d suggest satin for a winter wedding) and a certain length, but after that they can pick their own style. That way they all look uniform, but they choose the dress they like best on their body. It’s a win-win situation. Though, the dresses will most likely be over 100, usually they are atround 150.
Post # 4
1. I was a bridesmaid for a friend’s winter wedding a few years ago. We wore full length teal satin dresses. Afterwards, I took it to a tailor and for $10 they shortened it to just on the knee. it’s now one of my favourite party dreeses and people who attended the wedding don’t even recognise it as the bm dress.
2. I think a dress is the same length in the same fabric, it would be very kind of you to let your bms to pick out a style that will suit their figure. The last thing you want is a frumpy dumpy, sad looking bridesmaid in your wedding photos!
All the best for your wedding (and your marriage)!
Post # 5
My BM’s all have the exact same dress. But it was only $85!!! I went through Alfred Angelo, they actually pulled dresses under $100 and we picked from that. I know how expensive it can be being a Bridesmaid or Best Man, now that I am the bride I wanted to be aware of that. The dresses all came in early and are so wonderful!!!
Post # 6
You don’t have to pay for them. I would show them a few options and let them choose. It’s actually what I did, and they chose the long one even though it’s outdoors. I bought them at ellaparkbridal.com and they got here earlier than expected, look great, could do custom colors, free shipping, and even gave them each a choice of a free gift! After they each gave me the checks for their dresses. You can find a lot of options online to coordinate or mix and match different styles that they like in coordinating colors. GL! Here’s mine and they looked great! (The short one is for the honorary bridesmaid/flower girl, she’s 12.)