Post # 1
I’m going shopping with 4 out of the 6 bridesmaids in my wedding in a couple of weeks…..any tips from anyone?? Either on styles, or saleswomen, or brands, or types of fabric, or anything….I’m kind of in the dark, all I know is that I want some shade of blue.
Post # 3
My recommendation is to look online first. Even if you don’t see specific dresses, you can find designers that you like. If you go in with that many people and no direction, you’ll get overwhelmed…at least i did! Also, I’d see if you can email each bridesmaid individually and get an idea of what price their comfortable with. The last thing you want is for everybody to fall in love with a dress that one girl can’t afford.
Post # 4
My tips are more about having a good experience vs. finding a dress… but I did both in one day!
1) Feed your BM! I took mine out to breakfast first and having everyone full and happy is just a really good way to start the day
2) Ask them about price points… you don’t want to make them uncomfortable by picking a too-expensive dress!
3) Ask them for special requests. All my Bridesmaid or Best Man said they’d wear anything I wanted… but if possible they did request no one-strapped dresses and no big bows. Done and done.
4) Let them pull dresses and listen to their ideas. I went in thinking I wanted blue dresses and we found a dress that came in three beautiful colors that I’m using in my wedding… they suggested we do one of each and after talking through it I realized how great it is going to look. I never would’ve thought of it!
5) Have fun! We tried on some goofy dresses just for fun 🙂
Shopping with my BMs was easily one of my favorite days of wedding planning… I hope that you have a really great time!
Post # 5
I had some good luck at david’s bridal. It gave us all a chance to see what styles the girls liked even if it wasn’t the dress necessarily.
Post # 6
Be the boss! You are the bride and it is ultimately your choice. I spent a long time tryng to get consensus and eventually realized I was driving everyone crazy wth it. They were much happier once I just made a darn decision. No matter what, they will make fun of the dress anyway:)
Post # 7
Recommend that they wear comfy clothes and wear/bring a strapless bra. It’s so hard to realize how cute a dress can be with ugly bra straps hanging out.