(Closed) Bridesmaid Dresses & Wrinkles

posted 10 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I don’t think this dress would wrinkle too badly.  It has a pretty big skirt; as long as you sit down carefully you should be fine.  By the end of the reception is another story, especially if they sit down a lot, but the BMs should be able to keep it looking pretty crisp for a couple of hours.  And most of the wrinkles will be where you sit on the dress.  I think it only looks bad when you have something like a cotton or linen sheath, where you get the bad wrinkles on the front.  Besides, how many people will be staring at your BMs butts?  I’ll bet you don’t end up with too many formal pictures of them either.

Post # 4
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Actually, I wore a cotton dress to my brother’s wedding two years ago.  Mine didn’t wrinkle but only because my aunt is an ironing queen.  She starched the heck out of it and made sure it wouldn’t wrinkle.  The other bridesmaids were wrinkly the second they got out of the car.  I would recommend having their dresses professionally steamed to avoid any wrinkles. 

And suzanno, as far as I know, EVERYONE was staring at my butt during the wedding.  Forget the bride, it was all about my butt.  lol

The topic ‘Bridesmaid Dresses & Wrinkles’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors