Bridesmaid Dresses

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

It’s a nice dress, not personally a fan of halters but nothing wrong with it. I would be very leary of the online site and would assume it’s a knock off because Bill Levkoff dresses are in the upper $100s range, not $70. We just ordered our BM dresses last week and was told they would come early April which is usual. The 30 days also makes it seem like these dresses aren’t custom made the each girl’s measurements by the makers of BL dresses.

Post # 4
708 posts
Busy bee

@Jenny_Loo_Davis:  it’s a nice dress, but I would trust your bridal store. Maybe ask for a discount for buying in bulk? Especially if you bought your wedding dress there too:) 

Post # 5
55 posts
Worker bee

@Jenny_Loo_Davis:  I’m a skeptical person to begin with, but ordering online seems pretty risky. What if they end up being crap? Then you’re a month closer to the wedding still with no options (and cutting it way too close to order from a bridal salon). I’d either order from the boutique you found them at, or if you’re worried about price, look at other stores for cheaper options.

Post # 7
552 posts
Busy bee

This is funny. My bridesmaids and I just went and picked their dresses on Saturday. We picked Alfred Angelo 7172, a very similar halter style, and my wedding is also June 21st! My Mom panicked a bit when she found out that the dresses won’t be in until May, so she paid to have them rushed. I just got a phone call today and they should be in by April 20th, lots of time to have slight alterations done. Even if we didn’t get them until May there would be time, but my Mom is a planner and wants everything done early, lol.

Post # 9
2364 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Jenny_Loo_Davis:  If it’s THAT much cheaper, I don’t think I’d trust the online site.  It might be a knock-off, which is fine but is not exactly what you agreed upon in person. 

Post # 12
1057 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I ordered my bridemaid dresses from light in the box, shipping, duty and cost of dress add up around $150 with expedite shipping ($25 USD) 

The whole process took longer that mainly my fault on switching billing addesses and shipping address haha, but I love them so much, good quality and pretty on all my bridemaid.  

That being said, my mom and my SIL ordered their eveing dress through dressilyme.  The duty was cheaper and the dress look expensive~~ it was a $400 USD dress but was mark down to $160 USD during x’mas… love her dress !!

Post # 13
552 posts
Busy bee

@Jenny_Loo_Davis:  Yeah, I think the only alterations my girls will need are shorter straps on the halter and we may bring the hem up a bit. They’re both short so it was a little long on them. They’re going to be wearing silver sandals, probably flats because neither are comfortable in heels. If I find wedges I like I might see what they think but I just want them to feel comfortable. 

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee

@Jenny_Loo_Davis:  

First off, love LOVE your pick. I’m a huge Levkoff fan. 

I went shopping with my FSIL Christmas week and the lady said to have dresses ordered by mid-January for a June wedding. That being said, for my FSIL’s wedding last year she was very last minute in deciding that we could all chose or own Navy dresses. Like 2 months ahead of time last minute. I was lucky enough to find a new, unused Levkoff on bridesmaidtrade.com for $90. It was too big, but alterations took care of that and it looked fabulous! Keep an eye out!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors