(Closed) Bridesmaid Dresses – September 2013 wedding

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I am getting married in September of 2013 as well and I am going bridemaid dress shopping with my maid of honor this coming Tuesday. Typically the bride will want to find her dress first, and then after she has her bridal dress picked out then she will move onto searching for bridesmaid dresses.

The consultants generally tell you to start looking at bridesmaid dresses and having the bridesmaid get fitted 6-7 months prior to the wedding. However you can do it as soon as you choose just no later than 4-6 months before.

This gives them time to get all the girls fitted and to pay for and order their dresses as some vendors may take 6-12 weeks to order, then alterations take place as well….

As far as losing weight, if the dresses get picked and the bride wants you to get fitted soon, before you lose any weight that is fine. You can always get fitted how you are now and then have the dress takin in later, or perhaps tell the consultant you plan to lose 50lbs and considering order a size or 2 smaller…

Post # 5
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

bump????

Post # 6
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My wedding is May 2013, and I am having girls are buying their dresses 7-8 months before (we are starting the process now).  But I am also a planning over-acheiver!  I know lots of people starting looking for dresses 4-6 months before.  Depends on the bride I guess! 

The topic ‘Bridesmaid Dresses – September 2013 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors