- 8 years ago
- Wedding: April 2011
I’m having a destination wedding in April 2011. I have two friends that I work with who Im hoping to ask to be my maid of honor and matron of honor. Both are already planning on attending the wedding, but here is my issue. Since we work together, there are possible scheduling conflicts and there is no guarantee that they will both be able to get the time off to go and we can’t start putting in for vacation for 2011 in November. I’m already guaranteed the time off since it is my wedding and they made a special exception. I’ve asked them to do the same for my two girls, but no such luck.
My question is this, do I ask them both now to be in the wedding? I don’t really want to wait too much longer, but on the other hand I know it puts them in a tough spot to ask them to ordera dress without being guaranteed the time off yet. I had thought of asking them now, but giving them the option to hold off on ordering their dresses until the time off is approved. But if I wait to order bridesmaid dresses in November or December, is there any way I will have them by the first week of April?
Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!