bridesmaids dresses that will match allure dress 8769

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3199 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@lovesunshine:  don’t worry about the ivory. i ordered mine is ivory and it looks super white to me. (I have allure 8908).

to be honest, its pretty hard to make bridesmaids’ dresses clash with a bridal gown, or go with a bridal gown, for that matter. i just tried to find something in our color that was appropriate for our venue and level of formality, in the right price range that all my girls liked. adding “make it go with my dress” would have been strange. i’ve never been to a wedding or seen a photo where i was like “that doesnt make sense together.”

i guess the only exception would be if the bride wore a tea-length dress and her maids wore satin ballgowns…

Post # 6
1236 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Mine is the exact same– My dress is ivory but looks completely white. My consultant strongly urged me into sticking with the white looking ivory because she said the actual white one is like STARK paint white. Like, it doesn’t look good.

Post # 10
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Ohhavok:  This exactly.  I even had a salon say “we don’t carry white dresses”…because it’s that blinding and rarely-flattering white.  All the dresses there (and everywhere else) were “ivory” which is code for “not Artic white”.  They looked pretty white to me!

Post # 12
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I thought that my dress was white, until I looked at the tag. It won’t be a big deal.

Post # 13
1464 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It really won’t be a big deal. It’s the norm these days to have an ivory gown. Allure’s ivory is very light.

I purchased a white gown because all the ivory samples looked too yellow on me. But if it looked white to you the you will be fine.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors