(Closed) BTD & Moisco

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

It really doesn’t make a difference.  MoissaniteCo has more settings and is geared more towards whole jewelry (someone can correct me if I’m assuming too much) and BTD is more into research and development, and the production of lab created stones (sapphires, amora, etc) while selling them as well.

I think BTD sells a few whole rings, but MoissainteCo definitely has more options for settings. The stone is completely the same.

Post # 5
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It doesn’t matter which you choose.  BTD enhances the moissanite to make it amora.  So Moissaniteco gets it from them directly.  I’ve heard BTD takes longer to make jewelry, so if you order a ring from them it can take about a month.  Moissaniteco’s wait is about 2 weeks.

Post # 6
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 1996

I ordered from BTD on 2/4.  I ordered the ring AND the stone from there.  They do say on their site that it can take up to a month.  I’m 14 days in and my order status changed from ‘awaiting fulfillment’ to ‘in setting’ this past Thursday (day 12…but who’s counting).  I liked the idea of getting the stone from the folks who do the enhancing but so many ladies have been completely satisfied with their MoCo experiences that I’m sure you can’t go wrong either way.

I get the same impression as @GoldfishPie, that BTD is more about R&D where as MoCo is more about the finished jewelry and they definitely have more options for settings.

The topic ‘BTD & Moisco’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors