btwn 2 dresses: maggie sottero Primrose or mori lee 5104??

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: which dress??
    mori lee 5104 : (160 votes)
    58 %
    maggie sottero as is : (26 votes)
    9 %
    maggie sottero taken up 2 inches from waist (like in last pic) : (88 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    473 posts
    Helper bee

I like the Mori Lee. I am not a fan of “defined” ruffles — I like the random, more fluid ruffles. (This could also be because of my extreme divorsion to floral patterns in clothes…) I also like the subtle sparkle along the line where the ruffles start. Like, to me, the Mori Lee ruffles flow with the dress, whereas the Maggie ruffle just starts up out of nowhere. I have no idea if that made any sense. Tongue Out

Post # 4
    459 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I voted for the Mori Lee, but I’m biased because it’s my dress 🙂 I do like the ruffles on the Mori Lee better than on the Primrose, though, and the lace detail where the skirt starts. (Also, there are subtle sparkles from the sequins on the bodice, which is nice, and I love the ruching.)

Post # 5
    99 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Wow! That Mori lee looks AMAZING on you! The color is stunning and its different from a lot of ruffle-ish skirts I’ve seen. The Maggie one is safe and makes me go, meh. Seriously, get that Mori Lee!

Post # 6
    10748 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

I like the Maggie wayyyyy more. The Mori Lee just looks messy to me. I think bringing the skirt up is also a lot more flattering on your frame. 

Post # 8
    2486 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

I like the Mori. It just looks softer to me. You look great in both though!

Post # 9
    553 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I voted Maggie!!! I’m bias because I am a primrose Bride!!! I personally liked the way the rosettes laid on Maggie vs mori. I tried on both of these dresses. I first tried on MaggiI (loved it) then tried on mori, and the ruffles/drama on the bottom did not compare …… I can’t wait to wear it!!!

Post # 10
    1110 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I like Maggie better… As another poster said, the Mori Lee looks messy.  And the bodice on the Mori Lee makes me think of a Mummy.

I typically hate florettes like that on the Maggie, but I don’t mind the ones there.. It looks a lot better with the skirt raised up. But I would ask how much an alteration like that would cost..? I know Maggie has a “petite” sizing but not sure how that works.

Post # 11
    553 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I also think the layering on the bodice of Maggie looks more polished and “put together”

Post # 13
    407 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014 - Morton Arboretum

I think the Mori Lee hugs in the right places looks romantic and elegant.  Both are nice but the Mori Lee is in my opinion a knock out.

Post # 14
    1887 posts
    Buzzing bee

@kayy:  I love the Mori Lee on you- it is so pretty!  The Primrose is a bit much in my opinion.  It’s a lot of dress, looks heavy, and I don’t care for the gigantic rosebud in the front.  It is your wedding though and you should get whatever gown makes you feel the most beautiful.

Post # 15
    1110 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@kayy:  Either way, I think you look amazing in both dresses! But I do like the primrose with the raised skirt a lot more. 🙂

Post # 16
    1237 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2014 - Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts

I prefer organized patterns as in the Maggie skirt. Although I am usually a fan of Mori Lee, I think the Mori Lee skirt looks like too much is going on with it and its all over the place. Plus I do not really like the color of the dress. I think the last pic where its been raised 2 inches looks better on your frame/height. Good luck on your decision…I would be so confused.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors