- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
Ok, despite being a professional with a great job – I have a hobby of garage sale and thrift shopping. I love a bargain and I am helping a charity in the process woohhoooo! And, Dave Ramsey would be proud too since I am “debt free bride” and will stay that way =) Now that said, a true bargain queen does not buy “cheap stuff cheap” – I’m all about the designer finds (latest NWR finds: Vera Wang, Coach, Manolo, Louis Vuitton, D&B, Tiffany, etc.)…
So, what have you found for your wedding at the garage sales, flea markes and thrift stores? Dollar stores? Pawn shops? Don’t be shy, I’ll start:
- 20 inch round waterford crystal cake stand, New in Box: $30.00
- 3 4 foot tall hammered metal vases @150 for all 3 (worth more than that EACH).
- 4 tulle and greenery pew wreathes for $20 – (I will add more to them though).
- NIB designer pen stand for $2 (heheh, still had the 35.00 price tag).
- GORGEOUS silk flowers from the dollar store, wait till you see the DIY’s!
- Neiman Marcus Crystal Toasting Goblets $20.00
- Sterling Silver Cake Cutter and Server $8
- Manzanita branches in ivory 75% off at Michaels (not a thrift but a bargain!)
- Satin dyables NIB bridal shoes $5
- Wrought Iron Candelabra for candles in the the reception hall Fireplace ($1, needs some work but I’ll fix it).