- 3 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
HELP BEES! My budget is getting out of control and its starting to create friction with me and the FI. Where do you think I am spending too much or what do you think would be the best place to cut?? I have a few ideas included…
A side note- we are having a three day “summer camp” style wedding with 75 people staying on the property all weekend and total guest count for ceremony and reception of 130.
- Reception Catering and Rentals –11,000.00 (scale back on menu or rentals?) (seems high w/ no venue included)
- Venue (entire camp including lodging for 75 for 2 nights) –7,500.00
- Dress and Attire –5,000.00
- Flowers — 2,000.00 (could DIY)
- Wedding Planner –2,000.00 (could get rid of)
- Send off Sunday brunch — 2,000.00 (could make breakfast casseroles myself and take with)
- Music –1,095.00 (iPod or have a friend DJ)
- BBQ Rehearsal — 700.00 (could only provide rehersal food for wedding party and open the camp up to other guests after)
- Welcome Bags –400.00 (small saving, but every little bit helps!
What do you think? Any ideas?? THANK YOU!