Budget Hollywood Theme wedding in NYC!!!!!!!!!! $6000 Budget

posted 2 years ago in DIY
Post # 2
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Chapel on Base

If your venue is $1500 I think you can do it.  

ETA: I live in Arizona so I have no idea what things really cost in NYC.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  PinkQueen.
Post # 3
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Are you planning on having an evening wedding? You could probably do a 6k brunch wedding, I don’t think you could pull off a dinnertime evening wedding on 6k unless you really skimped on the photographer and things.

Does the $1500 for the venue include food? [I doubt it, but I figured i’d ask]. For 150 people, you’re looking at a pretty large cost right there.

Post # 4
8035 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Do you haaaave to have 150? I’m sure it’s possible but it’d be easier with 75-100! 

Post # 6
6030 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

$6000 take away $1500 = $4500, so for 150 people, that’s a maximum of $30/person you can spend on food and drink, if you don’t spend a single penny on anything else. That’s pretty tough anywhere, and extremely tough in NYC. Booze will probably not happen. For food, look into the many mom-and-pop places, lots of which are ethnic. You could have “drop catering” where basically the restaurant delivers the food in big aluminum trays and you set them up in chafing dishes to serve buffet style. Even better if you can find cold food that doesn’t need chafing dishes (one less thing to buy or rent) but an all-cold buffet would restrict you to a more casual theme. If your church is near Chinatown, you could definitely do dim sum (try Golden Unicorn) and may be able to work out a good deal.

But the more you spend on photography,  the more you have to cut back on feeding your guests.

do you or your fiancé have a barter-able skill? You may be able to barter for your photographer, DJ, or florist labor. I’ve heard of many makeup artisist and DJ’s who barter and do the photographer’s hair for her wedding, and get the photography services very cheap or free.

you could also do a basic cake-and-punch reception but you’ll need to avoid main meal times. A 2pm weddimg followed by cake and punch is great. The same at 6pm really sucks because guests are hungry for dinner, not cake.

Post # 7
30 posts
Newbee

$6000 wedding budget in NYC?!?! That’s impressive. Keep us posted on your progress. I found venue prices in NYC to be out of this world.  Goodluck! 🙂

Post # 8
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Krisstyles85:  your biggest expense will be food.

I would suggest you cut down your guest list.

Evening wedding is out of the question. 

Affordable photographer, Le Image Inc. 

Are you having a DJ? If not, make a playlist and hook up your Iphone to a speaker. 

Flowers? DIY

No need to do favors.

Alcohol? Just beer and wine

Post # 9
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Krisstyles85:  I think you can do it for close to that amount!  You may have to cut back on guest list though.  My budget is $6000 for about 70 people.  My wedding will be in LA.

Does that 1500 include tables, chairs, and linens, silverware? If not you are looking at about another 10 pp for basic rentals.  You can save on your caterer… you don’t need to spend 30pp.  I am spending about 15 pp.  I am renting the chafing dishes and having them delivered to the restaurant that is catering.  Otherwise they would deliver to my venue in foil tins and I want a more formal wedding.  I am also hiring servers to serve the buffet.

I’ll share my break down 

venue 2200

rentals/servers 1000

catering 1000

photo 1500

paper 50

dessert 250

drinks (soda, tea) 30

Floral/decor 400 (my mom is picking up the tab)

Post # 10
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

As someone planning a NYC wedding I wish you luck. I honestly do not think it will be possible unless you use an ipod for music, do flowers yourself, and find a really inexpensive caterer. 

Post # 12
7531 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Krisstyles85:  Are you planning to have a cocktail reception?  With your family making food? I’m assuming your church wedding/reception area has tables & chairs…is there anything else that it includes?  Like tablecloths?  Is there a Woman’s church auxilary group that can help you serve? What do you and your FI already have for jewelry, shoes, undergarments etc?  What’s your vision for your Old Hollywood theme?  Black, Red? Black, Gold? Black Silver?  Red Roses?  I’ll send you a Private Message with some ideas, if you want to let me know more about what you have, what you need, what you like.  🙂 

Post # 13
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Krisstyles85:  People in Hollywood do not eat so just buy a few carton cigarettes and some cases of Diet Coke. Voila! Done! 🙂

Seriously though, are you going to DIY food? I think you’ll have to do some cooking. If not, you might not be able to feed those folks for your budget.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors