Post # 1
As I’m sure most of you know, weddings can cost a fortune! And I’m hoping to be able to stick to my low budget. What are some realistic ways in which I can cut down costs to the wedding while keeping it classy? Anything will help! 🙂
Post # 3
DIY as much as possible!! I made my aisle decorations, table runners, centerpieces, invitations, etc. Also, I plan to sell as much as I can after the wedding to try to recoup some cost. Honestly, the best way to save money is to keep your guest list on the small side.
Post # 4
Here are some that I did:
1. DIY silk bouquets and DIY boutonnieres. Embarassingly cheap.
2. Picked a venue and church so pretty they either provided or didn’t need extra decorations
3. Avoided “bridal stores” for the bridesmaids’ and groomsmens’ clothes. We are buying suits that ended up cheaper than hiring them from Myer
4. DIY jewellery. I am making my earrings, my hairpiece and the same for all the bridesmaids myself. If I couldn’t I would buy on etsy, which saves heaps of $$$
5. Trim the guest list and avoid a huge bridal party (things that I wish I could have done but didn’t manage to!)
Post # 5
- Wedding: May 2014 - Muhlhauser Barn
Craigslist, eBay, etsy, Tradesy, etc are all great places to look for wedding items. Also, never go to a craft store without a coupon… They always have sales & coupons, so never pay full price!
Enter wedding contests when you see them… i just won a $300 minted gift card & I know they have giveaways all the time… Now our wedding invitations cost me $10 + stamps & freed up some money in our budget. A friend of mine just won a 3 day mini moon too. Always worth a shot!
We also went the cupcake route instead of a full cake & saved about $100 total since we no longer need to pay the $75 cake cutting fee to our vendor.
Post # 6
Have it at non meal time, this will greatly save on your catering/beverage budget, for example:
10am Reception w/ mimosas, fruit, mini quiches, and cake
2pm reception with Sangria, veggie tray, cheese display, and cake
9pm reception w/ Signature Cocktail, dips (guacamole, artichoke & spinach, onion, cheese… and cake!