Bustle for Mori Lee 4902 – Help needed!

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I would HIGHLY recommend doing a french bustle with a trumpet skirt.  It won’t make the skirt pull up in the front.  It will hang more naturally.  I am going to do a double french bustle, but a single one is pretty too.

Post # 4
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

OMG DRESS TWIN!!! I am so happy to see another wearing this dress and in the rosa color! It is just a beautiful dress! Anywho…

*calming down*

So, I picked a french bustle. My alterations lady showed me a 3 point bustle and it wasn’t pretty. It is currently being worked on, so i do have pictures.

With that said, are you wearing the sash? I haven’t decided. My sister doesn’t like that it goes over the buttons, but I am impartial. I fell in love with the dress without it, but like what it does for the dress.

Post # 5
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@mrschmura:  I am not wearing this particular dress but I have one the has a similar fit through the body with the buttons.  To keep the look of the buttons I am actually getting my sash sewn to the dress and rather than tying in the back it will be cut and just attached in the back so that the buttons show over top.  Hope that helps your decision a bit.

@MrsRMH:  I love the look of a french bustle for that particular dress….and a double one would be cool too!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors