(Closed) Bustle on the Galina SV415

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

multi-point french for sure– a 16 point would be AMAZING!

Post # 5
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I purchased this dress and I love it! Only thing is I am 5’2″ and my wedding is going to be in June. I am thinking about getting it altered to have no train, or a very little train. I have even considered making it ballerina length (Just at the ankles slightly above the floor) so I don’t have to worry about bustling it. 

Thoughts…? 

Post # 6
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I purchased this dress also and it came in about a month ago.  It is a bit too big and of course needs a bustle so I made an appointment for February with alterations at David’s Bridal. The alterations lady who spoke with me when I tried my dress on when it came in didn’t give me a very good impression though.  I asked her what type of bustle she recommended and she just kind of yawned and said just one simple button for an over bustle would be fine.  I’m no seamstress but the skirt on this dress seems wayyyy too heavy for just one button and I don’t think the look of an over bustle does it justice.  I’ll let them take it in for me, but may look elsewhere for someone to do the bustle unless someone else at David’s seems more qualified.

Post # 7
16 posts
Newbee

@hlayers:  The seamstress I went to said I would have to bustle it many times, one will not do, it will stretch it out. When I tried this dress on at DB they showed me how they would bustle it I thought it looked bulky and weird. But then I decided I would kind of make it my own and my seamstress is going to make it into a sweep train so I don’t have to bustle it. But if you are going to bustel it you I would say at least 6 points, maybe more. 

Post # 8
551 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I bought mine pre bustled -used, haha, she did a two button bustle for like $70 at david’s, heres a photo. It held up for the ceremony and still is in good shape, see pics below. Although, it was a petite, and I am not petite, so I might cut the train to add to the front of the dress -bummer, then I’ll probably need to redo the bustle, sigh. but I thought hers looks pretty good.  

Post # 10
16 posts
Newbee

For those curious here is what my dress ended up looking like after alterations! I don’t have official pictures back yet but had to share what I had Smile

The topic ‘Bustle on the Galina SV415’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors