Bustling Vera Wang vw351178…nightmare!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@aggiebride10:  if you’re anywhere in the dfw area, I’d suggest taking it to Becky Fowler. She played around with 5 different bustles letting me see how it would look before we decided on one.

Post # 5
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@aggiebride10:  A French bustle has all the workings (buttons, ties, whatnot) on the underside of the dress.  Hopefully that’s not what they tried already.  I’m assuming if it was visible, then they tried an American bustle.  French is just reversed and I like those better anyways for the reason that you can’t see anything.  The workings would be sewn into the lining on the INSIDE of the dress.  It would be tacked through the layers of the skirt to keep it together when bustled but that would be done on a seam so shouldn’t be noticable at all.

Post # 6
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Wow!  I did an American bustle on this dress and it only took 5 bustle points.  DB was totally overcharging her just because they could.  So, if she doesn’t like the look of the American/over bustle, then maybe this isn’t for her.  But if her problem is with all the visible buttons/loops, then she should just show these pictures to her next seamstress.  Also, if the dress is in the silver color, like my bride had, ask the seamstress if she knows how to make her own crochet thread.  I was able to make the loops match the color of the dress so they wouldn’t be visible.

Dress with train down:

Dress bustled:

The middle point uses the lowest button on the back, then the other four buttons are hidden in the pleats like this:

Post # 6
433 posts
Helper bee

I’m having the same issue. DB quoted me at 25 bustle points — is this ridiculous? They wanted to individually bustle the bottom layers, and then do the 5 point bustle for the organza. It was more complicated than what was explained when we bought it, and they’re saying it will cost $400 to do the bustle and hem.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors