(Closed) Cake & Topper help

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Why dont you do an elegant cake… with the lace, and have one layer be your ribbon and abother be his. the topper…. I ordered mine, and painted the hair with “model car” paint. lol.

Post # 4
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

we are in the same boat with the toppers being romantic and not looking like us!Im mixed and hes itailan…just before we got formally engaged, he picked out this romantic looking oil diffuser for our bedroom- we decided to NOT use is for oil and as our cake topper! Also he lovesss the funny…but i plan to get him a grooms cake so his funny will be there..what you can also do is put the “nice” topper on top and have the “funny” one on the table or bottom of the cake area…was at a wedding where they had only flowers on top an bride draggin the groom topper on the table next to the cake. Here is a pic of the diffuser we bought, on top of a sample cake ( and we can AFTER the wedding still use it as a diffuser!) it wasnt even $50 bucks so we thought it was a win-win!

Post # 7
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I personally don’t want a topper but my Maid/Matron of Honor ordered one for me, personalized.  I found this out after she found out I didn’t want one.  Don’t you think that is something she should have asked me about first……

Post # 8
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

i know this is a tiny bit over budget, but I paid $130 for my cake topper and I love it, it’s personalized! Here’s the shop ot’s from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tinyblossoms?ref=pr_shop_more

The etsy shop mudcards also does cue toppers for under $100. Other cute inexpensive options are a silhouette topper or a monogram one. But seriously, there are SO MANY cake topper son Etsy there must be one you both like!

And I LOVE this purple and green cake:

The topic ‘Cake & Topper help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors