(Closed) Cake for 300

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
44 posts
Newbee

You can always add a big layer cake or two if you want to not worry about running out.      It’s probably worth the peace of mind for a wedding that large.       You can give the extra cake away if end up with more.

Post # 4
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Why don’t you do a smaller round, layered cake and then some sheet cake so yu don’t have a monstrous cake? Unless you want a huge cake, that is =]

Post # 5
2682 posts
Sugar bee

I had a 4 tiered cake (didnt eat the top layer) for 220 guests.  It was a square shape and we also had a small sheet cake in the back in case it was needed.  Im pretty sure my layers were 14, 12, 10 and 8 but not 100% certain.

Post # 6
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Generally the top layer is not used in the serving count, but I think more & more brides are choosing to serve their top layer instead of save it.

That is high for those sized cakes. The standard slice of wedding cake is 1″ X 2″. So without counting the 8″ round you’re looking at 262 servings. If you eat the top layer, you’re at 282 slices. In order to get the extra 10 slices you would need a 6″ round on top of that!

If you’re looking for a really tall cake & enough servings for all your guests, I would add a 6″ round on top giving you about 300 slices & that tall look you’re going for. 🙂 

Hope this helped!

Post # 7
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Honestly, I would just have a smaller cake and sheet cake cut up in the back to save money. Your guest wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference

Post # 8
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We’re a small pretty cake for the bridal party and then sheet cakes for everyone else.  No one will no the difference, and if they do who cares…no one’s going to get upset over free cake!

The topic ‘Cake for 300’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors