(Closed) Calligraphy & Return address labels

posted 6 years ago in Paper
Post # 4
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

If it were me, I would use the clear stickers (so that it doesn’t stick out as much) and have the ink in a light color – again, so it doesn’t stick out. 

Also, I wouldn’t use another cursive font.  Something simple – Try using the all caps feature – I like that look!

Post # 6
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Get an embosser. They’re like $30 or something on Amazon. Emboss the flaps on your envelopes before you seal them and you’re good to go! It’s so much more elegant than a sticker or even a nice stamp.

Example:

http://www.amazon.com/Name-and-Address-Embosser-Personalized/dp/B000N5T58K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I13NK1O2E71UPT&colid=15O2EG73F5N8U

There are also options that make the design in a circle, with a monogram, all sorts of fancy or simple designs.

Post # 7
Hostess
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I agree that I’d do labels, but I’d choose a font, probably a serif font, that contrasts greatly from the caliigraphy. Like you said, a block font to match the invites.

Don’t worry about the calligraphy on the invite matching the script inside!

Post # 8
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I saw someone who used a really light ink and printed out the text in the caligraphy font they wanted and then traced over it with a gold gel pen. It looked absolutely beautiful. You couldn’t even tell that it wasn’t professionaly done. I’m not sure if that would work for the back of an envolope but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Post # 9
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Also, re: font matching cursive – I’m with Gemstone, don’t worry about it. 

Post # 10
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Oh – Don’t be worried about the cursive font and the Calligraphy.  They will be on separate pieces.  I don’t think anyone would even notice the difference!

Post # 11
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

You read about Liz on my blog! Here’s the post: http://www.weddingbee.com/2012/02/22/the-minks-get-fancy/

For everything that’s not calligraphy, we have a very simple, sweet font. 

We are using wrap around labels that match our wedding invitations. Kind of like this:

I’m not posting our actually invites for a few weeks.  🙂

Post # 13
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I like the embosser idea too! I would just put my address on it not my name since my name is changing and that way I could use it again for other stuff.  I’d emboss everything lol

Post # 15
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@nyscpa2be:  Oh that sucks!  Now I just need to find a good embosser. LOL a new project to research!

The topic ‘Calligraphy & Return address labels’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors