(Closed) Calling all March 2014 Brides!

posted 5 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Your wedding looks like it’s going to be beautiful! Do you have your venues picked out yet? And if you love the Divinia, I say go for it. It’s not like all your guests are going to have been overexposed to weddings and dress trends like we are here :).

I don’t have a dress yet, and I won’t be seriously shopping for one until May – that’s not too late, is it? I hit up David’s Bridal a few weeks ago with my mom and 2 of my bridesmaids and found a few nice options but a) I wasn’t ready to commit yet and b) I’m not super thrilled about getting my dress there.

Colors are decided though! Blue (for bridesmaid dresses and linens), yellow (for flowers and accents), and a touch of green here and there. With grey as a  neutral instead of black.

We have a couple vendors picked out/booked – the Ramsey County Room in the Landmark Center for the ceremony, and the Science Museum of the reception. They’re only 2 blocks apart, plus the Science Museum gives all guests free parking and museum wristbands, so it’s super convenient for out of town guests (which is 80% of the guest list!). And my florist is my grandma, so that’s done too! Plus I guess I can say cake is done since I have to go with Buttercream with the Science Museum.

However, I’m still very much on the hunt for a photographer, (cheap) DJ, and hair/makeup.

Post # 4
356 posts
Helper bee

@ania11:  Wedding Twins! We are also getting married on March 8, 2014, and creepily enough, have the same colour palette as you, minus the mint green, lol. Where are you getting married? Our wedding is at the Eglinton Grand in Toronto.

Post # 5
190 posts
Blushing bee

@ania11:  OMG! GO for Maggie Divina!! I have it too 🙂 It’s your day and when you think about how many “dress copy cats’ there will be it’s overwhelming! so do what you feel.

I am also thinking of incorporating grey into  my color scheme since I have a blush gown..thought it was too drab at first but now love it! Getting married at the Vineyards in Simi Valley, CA! Beautiful place for an awesome price! 

@missmess:  Wedding day twin!! Hello! 

Post # 8
356 posts
Helper bee

@ania11:  I wanted to have a smaller wedding, but once we added all the family and friends that just “had to be there” we were up to 180! I LOVE the Grand. I loved it right from the beginning when I heard about it even before I was engaged and just knew I wanted to get married there. It was originally a little out of our price range, but with the off-season pricing, it was perfect!

So far we have booked our photographer and officiant. We have the DJ, just have to get the paper work in order. I’m going dress shopping in a few weeks!! I am going to Mona Riche in Woodbridge and then Impressions Bridal in Mississagua. Have you heard anything about those places? I love the Divinia, it looks so pretty! That is also the shape I am looking at too, but I don’t have a particular dress in mind yet.

Post # 9
126 posts
Blushing bee

@ania11:  I am another March 8 bride! Getting hitched at the zoo in Sydney.. So far I have only booked the venue! Dress shopping starts in a few weeks I hope.. I am waiting to receive some colour swatches in the mail from jcrew, I love the look of dusty shale for my bridesmaids. So much to do, lucky we all still have a fair amount of time!

Post # 10
254 posts
Helper bee

We’re looking at March 15th here. Got my dress last week, Bonny 1210, and colors are blush/baby pink and baby blue, with accents of navy, hot pink, and gold-champagne. Have no idea on venue, though want baby pink peonies as my flowers. Trying to figure out what color dress for bm’s and what color shoes, and if I need a veil.

Wdyt? I wanted girls in pink, boys in blue, but I keep coming back to baby blue for my bm’s with hot pink/baby pink shoes and pink pearls, though maybe that’s mixing too much color? It’s that or them in baby pink dresses with baby blue shoes? And worried if they are in pink, they will clash with the flower girls (my daughter’s) pink dress?

Post # 12
718 posts
Busy bee

We’re March 1st.  Colors are navy, blush, and whites.  I’ve had my dress forever, it’s Maggie’s Bronwyn.  I seriously think we have most things done already.  We have a our ceremony space, venue, florist, and officiant.  Our venue has a package that inclues catering, decorations, cake, favors etc. so there isn’t really much for me to do!!

Post # 13
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I’m a March 8th bride too! I’ve ordered my dress, Blue by Enzoani Fabius. I’m very impatiently waiting for it to arrive. I booked a venue, but am totally stuck on colours, except that there will be grey in there.

Post # 14
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Aliso Viejo Conference Center

I’m a March 30 bride! We are going with bright, bold spring colors!

Coral, a robin’s egg blue, a peach, etc. I will post the color palette from my home computer later! We just booked our venue yesterday and everything else is starting to fall in place.

The topic ‘Calling all March 2014 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors