Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!

posted 3 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I spent $402.  We used fake flowers for centerpieces. Probably an additional $100 or so on those.

From the florist I got my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, 7 boutenierres (flowers only – we made Star Wars “Vases” for them, and dropped them off), and the 2 mothers bouquets. We used sunflowers, daisys, carnations, and stephanotis, I think. There were gorgeous.

Post # 4
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

We’re spending about 900 for a 35 person wedding. This includes:

My and moh bouquet

2 corsages

5 bouts

Flowers for cake

Ribbons and 4 pew decor

Altar arrangement

Tablescape for 2 long tables

Sprigs of carolina sapphire at each placesetting

Delivery, set up, and taxes

Flowers are roses, rannaculus (sp), anemone, carolina sapphire, and magnolia leaves

It can be done!

Post # 5
8850 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Not sure this is doable for you, but my dad grew all our flowers.  (Retired + a major project person + loves gardening = perfect job for him.)  We did mostly zinnias, but also dahlias, black-eyed susan, and a few random wildflowers.  I’m not sure how much he spent on seeds etc, but it must have been under $1000.  We had all the mason jars from canning already.

And because he’s adorable:

Post # 6
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@lolot:  Your dad is amazing! Cool

Post # 7
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I ordered all of my own flowers for less than $980 from fiftyflowers. I made all the normal bouquets along with 27 center pieces. I loved doing my own! My wedding had 200+ guests.

Post # 8
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@gromble:  I spent $105 on 125 roses from Sam’s Club.  We had enough to make 10 centerpieces, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, and my bridal bouquet.

The last pic is of my flowers two days after the wedding.  They still looked beautiful!

Post # 9
559 posts
Busy bee

We spent around $1000 for my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquest, mens’ boutonniers, corsages for moms, flower girl flower, reception centerpieces for 120+ person reception (3 small vases of wildflowers on each table), a couple of aisle flowers for the church, cake flowers, and a bouquet to give to the Mary statue at the church. And they were GORGEOUS.

Post # 10
2474 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We did our own. Bought our flowers wholesale at a warehouse in LA (from a guy who does farmer’s markets on the weekends). Cost $500. We made 1 bride bouquet, 5 BM bouquet, 1 toss bouquet, 6 bouts, 12 large centerpieces, 12 small centerpieces, and some simple bouquets to line the aisle.

Post # 11
3618 posts
Sugar bee

@gromble:  Not sure how much it all costed, we went to a bunch of stores and bought pre made arrangements and then turned them into what we needed, definitely under 1000! We had stuff for the mothers, fathers, grandparents, BMs, GMs, and we had decor

Post # 12
1664 posts
Bumble bee

We spent about $600 total on flowers. We had my bouquet, 4 bouts, and 2 corsages. The bouts were for my husband, father, FIL and step father. Corsages were mother and MIL. We had no bridal party, this helped costs a LOT!!!!! (not why we did it but it definitely didnt hurt!)

For our 7 centerpeices we had succulents potted. These were fairly affordable since the wedding was in Palm Springs. We also did bud vases for the high top tables and scattered on some of the other tables as well. We ordered dried Billy Buttons from a farm in Oregon. Dried is SO much more affordable then fresh. I think I spend $40 on 3 bunches of about 25 stems each. Fresh billy buttons are about $3 a stem from a florist. They look exactly the same dried as they do fresh. So that saved a bunch.

Im going to post a recap once I get our photos back but our “flower decor” was extremely minimal.

Post # 14
3202 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

We spent a little over $700. We will be having:

My bouquet

4 bouts (FI, the dads, our officiant)

5 corsages (MOB, MOG, stepmom, two grandmothers)

greenery aisle runners with candles

a candle display in the little pond at the front of our outdoor chapel

plus set-up and tear-down

We will also be re-purposing the aisle runners as part of our table decor, which will be primarily greenery and candles.

Post # 15
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@pppuser852:  Your flowers look gorgeous!  I’m also hoping to order from fiftyflowers and do them myself.  What flowers did you order?  Do you have pictures of your table arrangments?  

Post # 16
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ummsgna:  they were all very similar to this one. I can’t find one of the actual centerpieces. I ordered mostly roses…spray roses, plain roses and a rose/peony hybrid. I only used the hybrids  in my bouquets. For filler I used hypericum berries and eucalyptus. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors