(Closed) Calling all Casablanca 1955 bees out there….

posted 7 years ago in Accessories
Post # 4
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I wore a pearl necklace when I tried on the dress, and think I will probably go the pearls-route for my wedding, but maybe a double strand instead. 

I am totally at a loss for the veil though…I don’t want to detract from the lace of the dress, but I know I want to wear a veil!  I think once my dress comes in I will just try on a bunch with it.

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am wearing a vintage pearl pendent, pearl drop earrings and a pearl bracelet.

I’m also wearing an Ansonia Veil (Style 762). It’s an ivory veil with champagne beading around the edges – which perfectly matches the colors of my dress and the veil has scalloped edges like the bottom of the dress. 

After the ceremony, I’ll remove the veil and wear a flower in my hair that I ordered off of etsy.

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am getting married next July, and I have fallen in love with this dress! If any of you are interested in selling this after your wedding, please let me know! 

Post # 7
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am waiting on my beautiful 1955 to arrive hopefully by Christmas — I am wearing a short veil with light, simple beading on the bottom, it comes to my shoulder blades. I also didn’t want the veil to take away from the lace of the dress so I took the beading of the dress and incorporated it into the veil. Still not sure on JEWELRY!! I’m getting married on the beach!

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I just ordered this dress and am SOOO excited about it. I went Ivory on Ivory and have yet to decide on veil, shoes, accessories.  I am thinking i will probably forgo the veil and do some sort of half up/half down with a flower look for my hair (much like the model in the photo). My fiance hasn’t seen the dress at all, but expressed he wasn’t very interested in a veil (especially when he discovered how expensive they can be). 

The wedding is in a rustic garden canyon, so the lace is going to be very fitting to the theme. 

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee
Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Im desperately seeking a size 8 or 10 casablanca style 1955 with the original neckline????

The topic ‘Calling all Casablanca 1955 bees out there….’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors