(Closed) Calling all January 2012 Brides!!!

posted 6 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

How to summarize it??? Wonderful, enjoyable, suprising, heartwarming, beautiful.  

Not enjoying being back from our honeymoon, but it’s fun getting used to “husband” & “wife”! 

My friends and family are still raving about it, which is wonderful because it feels like the hard work was definitely worth it all. 

Hope you January Brides enjoyed it! Keep in touch!

Post # 4
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012 - Wynn Las Vegas/Bouchon Bistro

I had a fantastic weekend! My wedding was everything that I could ever have hoped for. ๐Ÿ™‚

We are leaving tomorrow for our hometown party and then off to our honeymoon!

Post # 6
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Wait, we got married?!

Just kidding. The weekend was lovely, exhausting, and went as planned. We got the snow we wanted, people arrived safely, the food was fantastic at every event, and everyone danced. The personal touches I worked so hard to include — Fenway cake, father-daughter surprise dance, bells — were extremely well-received.

Looking at guest photos, I’m happy I went with the gown I chose. The guys looked awesome, people enjoyed themselves, and we got to see family and friends we hadn’t seen in a long time. Nothing went wrong, everyone did what they were supposed to do, vendors were almost universally awesome, and the Pats won.

There will always be a few little things that really bugged me on the day that I haven’t told ANYONE about, not even my husband (!!). Everyone LOVED my hair… I didn’t. At all. It wasn’t what we did at the trial, and while it was still kind of flattering, it just wasn’t what I pictured. My stylist was my husband’s aunt, so I can’t say anything. Also, my veil was placed higher on my head than I wanted, and I hated it. I tore it off my head as soon as we stepped into the private room post-ceremony. My gown’s corset kept tightening itself, and despite our best efforts to loosen it, I had to take it off and change before the reception ended because I couldn’t breathe.

Right now, since the wedding and honeymoon are over but “real life” hasn’t picked up yet, I’m in the post-wedding limbo. Getting those little smiles and well-wishes from people at banks/DMV/SS/whatever as I change my name has been a nice surprise. We bought a new dryer. We’ll be getting a kitten at some point.

But…it’s absolutely, 100% true what they say: no matter what happens, good or bad, the BEST part of the wedding is GETTING MARRIED. ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 8
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Evie19:  Ohh yes, we did our entire first look outside. It was so much fun! I wish we’d been able to get a few more out there, but I didn’t think a red nose would look good in ceremony pics ;D

Anyone else want to chime in?

Post # 9
1319 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

It was awesome. I just posted my first recap earlier today. Guests loved it, and we had a lot of fun. I am so glad, I actually remember it, so I don’t have that whole blur thing going on that a lot of brides talk about. Darling Husband and I took pictures at a park afterward, and I forgot my coat, so I was cold. It was only like, 50 degrees, but it was windy. That messed up a few of my pictures too, but we got some great ones! 

@BostonBaby:  Real life hasn’t really started here yet either. I need to get the license so I can start changing my name. We started moving the Wednesday after we got back from the honeymoon, then DH’s grandma died that Friday, so we’ve barely had a moment to sit still. I’m having fun unpacking wedding presents, though!

The topic ‘Calling all January 2012 Brides!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors