Calling all January 2018 brides!

posted 12 months ago in January 2018
Post # 2
1017 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

I’m a Jan 2018 bride. So far we have figured out our colors, asked our bridal party, narrowed down venue choices and had a food tasting at one of the venues. Now we have to crunch numbers, and select THE venue! How about you?

Post # 3
68 posts
Worker bee

mushface :  Woohoo! Sunday the 14th of Jan 2018 is our date! So so so excited! Got the venue booked and I have my dress! Current focus is finding the right photographer, and I’m currently in talks with someone about my cake! Getting all the big things done now. One of my sisters had a c-section 2 weeks ago, so we’re holding off on bridesmaids dress shopping for a little while… But it’s okay, there are heaps more things I can organise in the meantime!

Post # 4
1017 posts
Bumble bee

Hi ladies, 

today I got the contact for THE venue! We have a soft hold on it at the moment. We also have our photographer, DJ and cupcake/cake person. How are you all doing?

Post # 5
169 posts
Blushing bee

Hey Bees – I’m new to the thread. Just booked my venue for 5 Jan 2018 🙂 Very very excited!

Post # 6
77 posts
Worker bee

I only have our rings, photographer, venue, 1 bridesmaid dress. Getting into huge fights about alcohol vs no alcohol and dj vs dj lol. Interested in photobooth. ordered my dress from the shop a week ago! date is Janurary 20th

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2018 - The Harriet Himmel Theatre

So excited I found some 1/18 brides!! Our wedding date is 1/20/18. We have our venue, using their caterer, wedding color, photographer, wedding party, DJ, bridesmaid dresses, and got MY DRESS Monday!! We’re getting married in South  Florida. 

Happy planning fellow Jan. Brides! ❤️

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

camillecara :  We’re day Twins!!

We’re booked for Jan 20, 2018.

We have our venue, which comes with the catering and decor, and our wedding party (Best man and MOH) done. Going dress shopping this weekend and we already have his suit!

The wedding is happening in Toronto, Canada.

Post # 9
779 posts
Busy bee

Our date is the 12th! We are eloping, just the two of us. Our venue is a converted chapel near the sea, and it’s now a boutique guesthouse. We’ve got the place to ourselves for three nights before we fly out to do a tour of Italy.

We’ve got deposits down on a photographer, cake, and the registrar. MIL has paid for my bouquet/his buttonhole. We’ve got my rings (I’ve got two). I also have the hair and MUA booked. My dress is almost paid off. My fiancé has chosen his suit and ring too so we are about done with planning. Getting excited now! 

Glad to see other Jan 2018 brides! 

Post # 10
55 posts
Worker bee

January 13, 2018 here! (Assuming everything goes according to plan! Our date is available with the venue we picked but we’re still finalizing a menu and contract.)

Tomorrow we formally ask Bridesmaids and I start shopping for a wedding dress! Photographer is chosen. Now if only my fiance, the music nut, would start researching DJs. 😛

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee

January 7th here!! Our venue is booked (and all-inclusive) so most of our vendors have been arranged.  Next up, we are looking for a photographer and bdress shopping for me and the bridesmaids and the rings! We have already picked out the suits for the guys. 

I still need to figure out my FG/RB for the wedding, the rest of the party has already been picked.

Post # 12
73 posts
Worker bee

mrsg2018 :  We are (most likely) day twins!  I still have to secure my venue to say for sure.

As far as planning, we have colors picked out and I’ve started a couple DIY things so I have time to finish and some time to purchase if mine don’t work out.  I have good ideas about what everyone’s wearing, just have to find it all.  Pretty much in the beginning stages of planning.  

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

January 19th here! We have signed our contract which includes catering, bartender, and cake!  Most of the bridal party is secured.  I have an appointment for my dress next month.  I feel like getting the dress will really solidify the overall feeling of our wedding even though we have our theme/colors decided already.

Post # 14
43 posts
Newbee

January 20th bride here!  So excited!  When we first got engaged it felt like forever and a year away, and now it is slowly creeping up!

So far we have picked our colours and asked our wedding party.  We have booked the venue for both the ceremony and the reception.  We have the photographer/videographer booked, the florist booked, the DJ booked and the food and alcohol organized and booked. We ordered our cake (our venue gave us 50% off if we ordered through them).  I have also bought and DIY’d a few small things for the wedding.  We also just booked our photobooth which we will be using as our favours and I have secured the hair and makeup for our date.

I also bought my dress a few months back and it should be coming in July!  

I’m a huge planner by nature so I’ve been organizing little by little every month and give myself tasks to complete so that I don’t get too overwhelmed closer to the date (although I’m sure I still will)

If there are any other Toronto, Ontario brides out there, we have some great vendors and got some great deals!  I am happy to share any info 🙂

So happy to see fellow January 2018 brides out there!

Post # 15
73 posts
Worker bee

Just wanted to update that WE BOOKED OUR CEREMONY VENUE!!!!!!! OMG this is starting to feel so real!  

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors