Calling all May 2014 Brides! Help me Catch Up!

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
28 posts
  • Wedding: May 2014

I recently changed my wedding date from August 2014 to May 2014, I know how you feel it seemed like I had so much time to do everything now it’s coming up so fast! Have you looked into photographers yet? That was one of the first things I did some of the ones I looked into were booked up to a year out!

Post # 4
2082 posts
Buzzing bee

@lina010:  Hi and weclome to the May club! Yes I think you should definately be getting your dress ASAP. I ordered mine in June and now they are still telling me it won’t be ready until March. So yep…you should get on that. The other things we have nailed down and put deposits on so far are:

– Ceremony Venue

– Reception Venue with bartender included

– Caterer

– Photographer

– Cake

– Bridesmaid dresses chosen but not ordered

– Invitations chosen but not yet ordered

– Honeymoon suite booked for the wedding night

– Centrepieces chosen and items purchased

I am currently in the middle of getting quotes from florists and deciding whether I should just DIY the flowers.

Post # 5
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

Welcome to May! I ordered my dress in June and just came in so it took exactly three months. Depending on the dress you’re good on time but it varies a lot so I would start ordering soon.

So far here’s where I’m at…all booked/purchased/DIY’d

• Save the Dates Sent (included engagement photos)
  • Ceremony Venue
  • Reception Venue/Catering
  • Rehearsal Dinner Site
  • Officiant
  • Photographer
  • DJ
  • Flowers
  • Cake
  • Dress
  • Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Invitations ready
  • Decor started for ceremony & reception

I’m working on a few DIY projects for decorations right now. We still need to choose the men’s attire and rent chairs for our ceremony site. I’ve been trying to follow the checklist on The Knot to keep me on track. So far I’ve been ahead!

Post # 6
518 posts
Busy bee

I got engaged 2 months ago, and am about where you are – so don’t stress too much 🙂

Currently at the top of my list is dress shopping (going next weekend), Save the Dates (want to send in early November), and booking a band or DJ.

I’ve got the venue, which, like yours, handles the catering, and all tables / chairs / linens, and we booked our photographer last week.  I would prioritize the photographer, too, as we definitely did find that some are already booked (but many were still available, and we found one that we love).

Welcome to May!

Post # 7
124 posts
Blushing bee

@lina010:  Whatever you do, don’t stress out. There is plenty of time! We did almost everything 11 months in advance to get it out of the way. Now there’s a ton of little things to do … most of which can’t be done until January. I feel now when I spend a day doing nothing I’m wasting so much time, but really, I’m not. Just resting to prepare myself for the madhouse ahead of me.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors