Calling all my March, 15, 2014 brides!!!

posted 3 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’m not the same date, but I still wanna play!

Planning is good. I’m in a lull.  Not a ton of stuff to do right now. I feel like the next big wave will probably last from Jan 1– until the wedding!  My dress comes in Jan so I’m anxiously awaiting that. I see pics of bees getting married next October that already have their dresses and I’m filled with so much jealousy!  Continue looking at the same bad pictures of me at the bridal salon to remind myself why I chose my dress LOL.

I guess right now all I’ve been able to focus on is decor because everything else is either taken care of or I have to wait until next year.  How about you?

Post # 5
1896 posts
Buzzing bee

@happygirl423:  3/21 is mine…

The only word of caution I would say about the invitations is that I hear sending them out right before the holidays, they get lost in a stack of christmas cards, etc.  I’m mailing mine on January 1st so that it arrives AFTER christmas mania. Then again I have an extra week to buy me time on it… and I’ve already sent out save the dates which I’m guessing you’re skipping due to the recent engagement?  Either way good luck!  

PS- most important thing I would say in the first month is to get all your vendors booked and your dress taken care of. Sounds like you have the dress, venue, caterer done, but make sure you’ve got photog, Dj/Band etc all set next if you haven’t already! 

Post # 7
242 posts
Helper bee

March 15th here!Are you also getting bombarded with emails from wedding websites reminding you that we have exactly 4 months left? They make me excited, then terrified.

Yeah, we’re sending out our invitations on Jan 2nd, I think, for the same reason. That’s the next huge thing on my list – get my invitations designed, printed, assembled, addressed, and mailed. Once that’s all set, then I think I will be much calmer. It’s about the only step left where I am relying on other people to come through for me, and it’s nerve wracking!

And, to answer one of your original questions, here’s why I chose this date:

-It’s a neat number – 3/15/14. Or it’s neat to me :). I’m weird and only looked at dates I thought were neat.

-Our rehearsal dinner will be on pi day!

-It’s not during my busy time at work, which runs April-October.

-It’s not during the holiday season.

-The Ides of March make it easy for my fiance to remember, lol.

Plus, it sure didn’t hurt that it’s in the off season, and thus cheaper!

Post # 8
40 posts
Newbee

@missmess:  @happygirl423:  Hi Date Twins! I just got news today that my dress is finally in and I’m so excited and nervous to go try it on! I hate the reminder emails but I like the date countdown from theknot app. Our invitations came in last week and I have to figure out when to start assembling (minted.com is awesome), need to finalize hair/makeup and get the guys dressed. 

FI thinks I’m a dork for being excited about the PI day rehearsal dinner but he loves how our wedding date looks and wants to do one of those pinterest-y signs with 03-15-14 on it.

Now I just really need to start working on my arms at the gym! 🙂

Post # 10
44 posts
Newbee

HI!  March 15th date twin here!  My fiance and I were looking for a date in the off-season because it is cheaper.  March 15th, for some reason, just looked ‘right’ to me.  My fiance asked that we chose a date that was either an even number, or a multiple of five.  (He’s a bit obsessive-compulsive).  This is what we came up with!  We have all of the major planning done…venue, d.j., photographer, etc.  Now we’re SLOWLY working on my check-list of minor details.  I love when I cross something off!  It’s so satisfying!  I don’t think it’s hit us yet that we have a little less than 4 months to go!  I’m ready for it to get here, though.  I’m not enjoying planning.  We’re busting our butts in the gym, too.  I can’t wait to go on our honeymoon and pig out. Can’t wait to hear about your wedding!

Post # 11
30 posts
Newbee

I didn’t start freaking a little bit until this week.  Someone said “oh wow 3.5 months to go” and that has sparked a series of wedding fueled bad dreams. We have some payments due Dec 15 so that makes things seem very real.  I am with the rest of you ladies and sending the invites out Jan 1.  Is anyone hand addressing their own envelopes?? I’ve been practicing and its actually not been too bad!

Post # 13
189 posts
Blushing bee

@happygirl423:  Hi Date twin! Planning is comng along…but not without panic moments! From having to “drop” an already non participating bridesmaid who wasn’t a friend… to my florist almost losing my money it’s finally getting better. I am now in the phase of ordering invitations…going for my makeup trial..and securing our cake for wedding at the end of month. Also am going to be securing our photobooth and finally PAID OFF MY DRESS! Next step is doing alterations 🙂

We chose this date because it was a grea time for a special the venue was offering us and it wouldnt be as hot as it would be in the summer ! Some people we know think it’s a strange day to get married though lol…and it is the Ides of March and still technically winter since Spring doesn’t start until the 20th or so…but yes I can’ wait for it to get here despite lol…so tired of wedding planning.

Post # 14
44 posts
Newbee

@happygirl423:  

I have my first alterations appointment today, too!  That’s too weird!  Through all of the stress I’ve encountered throughout this planning process, there are a few wedding-related things that make me genuinely happy (besides marrying FI!) and one of those things is any chance I get to try my gown on.  I fall in love with it more and more each time I put it on.  It’s been at my future-in-laws home since our apartment is quite small, so I rarely get to see it.  I don’t know if you could tell or not, but I’m loathing everything about wedding planning.  Everyone has an opinion about everything, and it gets to be overwhelming!  Right now, we’re dealing with finding a pastor to marry us.  The pastors at the church we normally go to will be on a mission trip the weekend of our wedding.  The pastor of the church we’re actually getting married in refuses to marry us because we live together.  Mind you, the type of church we go to is non-denominational and relatively relaxed.  We’re definitely stressed about this!  Additionally, I had to let my sister go as a bridesmaid.  It’s a long story, but I constantly think about it and it’s very upsetting.  On the upside…the venue (and the specific room of the venue) that we picked was recently renovated and was on an episode of Four Weddings on TLC.  We originally picked this venue because it was one of the most inexpensive in the area but was highly recommended for its food. 

Have fun with your engagement pictures!  They’re a great opportunity to get to know your photographer and to become comfortable in front of the camera.  Our were definitely awkward at first, but once you relax it’s definitely a great time.  Cake-tasting and food-tasting are also one of the better parts of wedding planning if I may say so myself!  Even though you have to make important decisions, the process of doing so is quite enjoyable!  Tell me about this castle!!!

Post # 15
117 posts
Blushing bee

Hey date twins!! I have almost everything—I’m getting excited as it gets closer! I’m also getting nervous. I picked the date just because I love March and the 15th is right in the middle 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors