Calling October 2017 Brides!! How ya'll doing?

posted 7 months ago in October 2017
Post # 17
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I’m getting really stressed out about invites…we ordered them the first week in July and they’re STILL not in! We ordered from a smaller mom-and-pop shop and they say they keep playing phone tab with the company since they should have arrived by now! My mom keeps losing sleep because we’re trying to get them out by August 15 since the RSVP date is Sept. 15… I’m just trying to remain calm at this point!

But I’m telling people I know who are engaged right now to order the invites early…even if they’re sitting in the closet, addressed and stamped for two months before you actually need to mail them…ORDER THEM!!

Post # 18
263 posts
Helper bee

bayoubee :  I just ordered my invitations today and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders! Haha I can’t wait to get them so I can mail them out ASAP.

Post # 19
49 posts
Newbee

Hi All!

New to the bored and catching up.  Engaged July 4th with the wedding October 1st and I’ve been in full wedding mode!

Things I’ve done:

Wedding is out our house, so I secured the rentals for chairs/tables/plates, etc

Sent invites

Built the arch, just painted it last night.

Dress, shoes, veil are all purchased and suits are on order

Caterers are booked

Gifts and favors are purchased

Center pieces are started

What I have left to do.. a few DIY projects, order cupcakes and flowers, buy the booze… the rest is just set up for the most part.

Post # 20
933 posts
Busy bee

FutureMrsHitBee :  Thanks so much! Our guest list went from 8 people to 27.  Lol. But I’m feeling good because invitations are finally in the mail and our wedding website went live! 65 days left to go, and my to do list is (mostly) done!!

Post # 21
24 posts
Newbee

October 14th bride here

Still to do:

-food tasting

-booze selection

-picking out song for my entrance and for our exit from church

-picking out final cake station flavours

-finalising our first dance song

– booking hair stylist (need to hurry up and get my a** into gear with this

– have a make-up trial

-dress alterations

What do you guys have left?

Post # 22
473 posts
Helper bee

Ugh, my invites STILL aren’t in! Apparently they are in the “finalization stage,” whatever that means, but apparently they’ll be overnighted on Monday so Tuesday night will be invitation stuffing apocalypse time!

Post # 23
41 posts
Newbee

Woo hoo, October brides unite! I have my final fitting this week. I’m still looking for wine for the big day and I need to put a playlist together for my DJ provided that he emails me back and doesn’t stand me up again. sealed 

Post # 24
49 posts
Newbee

Ever since I hit the 60 day mark last week, I’ve been getting more and more stressed! I thought I was close to being done, but the little things keep adding up. We still have about 45% of our RSVPS outstanding, so I imagine we will be chasing some people down next week. My first fitting and hair trial are both in September, and someone decided to throw me a last minute bridal shower, also in September! Still need to get a few decorations made/bought (signs, seating chart, tablecloths), and finalize everything with the venue and caterer. 

I went to see my doctor and asked for a refill of my Xanax. When I told her I was getting married in October, she laughed and said “Of course you need a refill!” 

I love my doctor. She understands. 

Post # 26
41 posts
Newbee

48 days laughing

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors