Post # 1
I have found two potential venues that I am very interested in. They are both hotels who are next poor to each other. Price wise, they are pretty much equal other than a couple small things. I want to contact both of them to see what offer can offer based off what the other is offering. For example Hotel A offers appetizers with its package while the cheaper package at Hotel B does not.
How would you recommend proceeding? I’m trying to make appointments at both so my FI and FMIL can see them.
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia
Things to consider in a venue:
– Music Copyright fees — not sure what it would be called in the US. In Canada, it’s SOCAN.
– Venue clean-up fees (Are you adamant on wanting your flower girls to throw petals along the aisle?)
– How much is gratuity?
– Are chairs, tables, linens, cutlery all extra? Which venue offers all of this as a part of the reception hall rental fee?
– Do they provide their own liquor licence? Or do you have to provide your own? (This is more of a liability issue; most hotels provide their own liquor licence)
– Scenery — which venue would require less decorating or would fit your theme?
That’s all I can come up with at the moment. 🙂
Post # 4
Ask! The worse they can do is say no. Say, you were looking at other venues that offer x, y and z for free or discount and ask if they can match that or would be willing to lower the price. Just don’t be pushy or mean b/c you may end up having your wedding there and you don’t want to start off on the wrong foot.