Can I see your under $1000 dresses?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@stuckinwonderland:  I got mine at David’s on sale and love it!  Total cost $852!

Bargain or more budget dresses can be found, but be prepared that the lower cost may mean more legwork and research on your part and some lack of the boutique, salesperson holding your hand experience.  Wish you luck!

Post # 4
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I bought mine at a bridal salon for $400 on sale. It is Ella Rosa and originally $800. 

Post # 5
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Mine was $1100 so it doesn’t fit your criteria, but I got it from JCrew and they do have quite a few gowns that are under $1000. The website might be worth looking at, especially since a lot of people don’t think to shop for a wedding dress at that store.

Post # 6
8518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

Mine was $950 after tax. But as far as I know, it doesnt have a specific brand, so it doesnt really help. =/

I think most Mori Lee dresses are under 1k, so you might try that brand! Or Davids Bridal. I know they get a bad rep, but I enjoyed my time there.

This is my dress, just for kicks.

Post # 7
144 posts
Blushing bee

Mine is right at 1,000! I got it at a little dress shop close by called Classic Weddings. My advice would be to not discount boutiques. Yes, they are sometimes quite expensive, but if you check out their websites beforehand, you can see the designers they carry (which means you can generally get an idea of the price ranges of the dresses they have). Also, be aware of the area you are shopping in. If you are in a very affluent area, you might find that prices are a bit higher, whereas I live in a very rural area where women very rarely spend a fortune on their dresses.So you might have to be willing to travel to the better deals.

My dress is a Casablanca (I think their prices tend to be very reasonable in comparison to other designers)

Post # 8
2878 posts
Sugar bee

I bought pre-owned on Kijiji ! Worth 1,5K, purchased for 200$

My tip : get to salons and try different models and fabrics so you know what you like (and which size you are). Then be patient and look online for discount or pre-owned gowns that fit your criterias (silhouette, fabric, style, price, etc.). You can save tons of money, and then if you ever need alteration it won’t break the bank : use what you’ve saved to alter the dress and make it your own.

Post # 9
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

This is my $600 dress from David’s Bridal. It was discontinued from Canadian stores, so I got it cheaper! I also got to take it home pretty much instantly 🙂 Yay!

Post # 10
57 posts
Worker bee

A little over $800 I cant remember the exact amount

Post # 11
687 posts
Busy bee

A lot of Alfred Angelo dresses are under $1K, so you could check those out as well!

(Also, if you are open to going the sample/preowned route you could save quite a chunk of money and get a more expensive dress while staying within budget)

Post # 12
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I got my Maggie Sottero as a sample from a boutique near me for $650.  I went to a number of different places to try on s variety of dresses from different designers and in different styles.  Once I knew what I liked, I started looking for Maggie Sottero samples similar to some of my favorites that I had previously tried on.

Post # 13
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Mine was a going to be $950 plus tax but I bought the sample for $600 plus tax Yayyy 🙂
It’s from the Jasmine Collection and I got it from The Wedding Shoppe 😀

Post # 14
6507 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Mine was about $950 total. The actual dress was about $450. The rest was the cost of cleaning (make sure to take that into account if you buy a sample dress!) and alterations (I lost a decent amount of weight so I think alterations were more expensive than normal). I got mine from a local shop so that’s probably not any help, however, it is an Alfred Angelo dress.

Post # 15
444 posts
Helper bee

I got my dress off Ebay for $150 (I really need to get around to taking an actual picture). I second the Bee who suggested to try on dresses to find what you like and then waiting patiently to see what comes up online. You might want to consider bridesmaids dresses, too. Here is a Watters dress I tried on that goes for about $400. I thought the quality was excellent and almost got it (in white or ivory).

great.

Post # 16
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

My gown cost  $900.00 

Davids Bridal

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors