Post # 1
My fiance is joining the military and we’re looking to marry in March. We’re still waiting to hear from the medical paperwork he had to send in because of his past bunion surgery. Can we set a date even though we’re still waiting on the approval? He walks fine and it hasn’t affected him at all. My mom thinks we should hold off on declaring our date but we want to be able to really get everything together as soon as possible.
Post # 3
@katiecat08: This march?? I think you will be fine assuming you can plan that fast.
Post # 4
@katiecat08: Has he got a date for his actual joining and when he goes away? If so you should be fine. Otherwise my SO is in the military and we had an annoying situation when he joined. We had just finished his military paperwork/testing the previous week when they called. They told him they were ready to enlist him and he had 10 days to pack up and head off to basic training. I realise this is not common but it’s this example and many others that show his job has changed our plans in an instant and left us cancelling lots of very important events.
I see no reason why you shouldn’t plan everything (especially for march) but personally I would be cautious booking anything cos of my personal experience.
Best of luck to you and happy planning! :):)
Post # 5
@katiecat08: What exactly is the worry – that he will need additional surgery in March?