(Closed) Can you buy a home for 125K in your area?

posted 5 years ago in Home
Post # 3
3092 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

NOPE!

We’re in the suburbs outside of Seattle…so not even city pricing.  An older single family home…perfectly acceptable for our standards…but probably would need some upgrading etc…would be at the very least 350k. 

Post # 5
866 posts
Busy bee

You can in my area. i bought 4 acres with a giant warehouse (converting for business), barn and 2 bed, 2 bath house for about 110,000. It is one of the reasons I live where I do, the low price of real estate

Post # 6
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

Only in places that would make a bulletproof vest a wardrobe staple.

Post # 7
4014 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Yes

Post # 8
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

no way! I live in Canberra the capital city of Australia. Here the minimum for a 1br apartment is 300k. A cheap 3 bedroom townhouse about 400k+. A decent 4 bedroom home on a small block 500k+. A family home in an established suburb on a large block 550k+. All in suburbia, not inner city, although being a small city even the outer reaching suburbs are a maximum 25 min drive to the city centre

Post # 10
1508 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Nope not a chance!

You can’t even buy a condo for that here. I live just outside Vancouver,Canada.

Post # 12
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Nope, not even a parking spot in a garage in my neighbourhood.

Post # 13
3082 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@gingerbreadgirl:  I wish! A nice house in a good school here runs about $350,000 – $425,000. And those are houses that would need *some* work to them. Blah, living on Long Island is so expensive.

Post # 14
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

They are hard to find. But, they do pop up every once in awhile.

Post # 15
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

If I went more inland and north I bet I could find a decent house for that price. As long as you got it on a recently logged lot, old trees cost so much money. Closer to where I live though, no way. A large portion of the land around here is owned by the state for parks and even some private conservations so private lots that have been and can be built on are pretty valuable.

Post # 16
4110 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Depends on your idea of nice obviously, but yes. If you’re willing to hunt down and wait out a great short sale find, you could get something super decent for even less. I live in SW FL.

The topic ‘Can you buy a home for 125K in your area?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors