Can you order a Spring 2014 dress if it's not yet in stores?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Budget_Bride:  Most bridal stores that are authorized retailer of the designer you want can order a dress from the newest collection for you. If you’ve tried on similar styles and silhouettes, and you’re confident that’s the dress you want, go for it. Most of the time, you can order a dress before stores get their samples in. Each designer have scheduled events such as “preview” trunk shows at various bridal stores. The stores hosting preview trunk shows will receive the dresses from the newest collection and they’ll have the dresses for a certain number of days, then the dresses will be shipped to a different store for another trunk show. I suggest you look at the website of the designer and see if there will be a trunk show near your area.

We are in very similar situations. I’m getting married in August of next year as well, and I didn’t want to wait until bridal stores start carrying the sample of my dress, so I ended up ordering it without ever seeing it in person. It’s a big risk, but I’m confident I’ll love my dress. I tried on many similar dresses from the same designer (Allure) and ordered my Spring 2014 Allure Couture dress from a local bridal store retailer almost a month ago. Unfortunately, there won’t be any preview trunk shows in my area until after the year ends, and I can’t wait that long. I wanted to make sure I have enough time for alterations. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you!

Post # 4
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Budget_Bride:  I would say start calling around to the authorized sellers and see if they can help!  My guess is they would be the ones to know!

Post # 5
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I just did but, I was able to try it on at a trunk show.  Maybe check to see if there are any trunk shows for the designer?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors