(Closed) Can you please show me your 1.15-1.25 cwt Princess cuts!

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Ok…I have a princess cut solitaire, 1.2ish carats.  I feel like it’s the perfect size. Not super huge, but still worthy of comment.  Love mine!!

I just took the pic right now on my iphone…very unprofessional shot – you can see my Christmas tree in the background : )

[attachment=581973,76081]

Post # 4
401 posts
Helper bee

I think mine is 1.25…

[attachment=581976,76082]

Post # 5
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am not sure about the center stone exactly but the total weight of the ring is 1.5 carats so I think the center stone is about what you specified. This is actually my baby sister’s e-ring.

[attachment=581982,76083]

Post # 6
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

mmm imho, princess cut diamonds dont tend to look as large as round diamonds—if you get a round the same size as a princess, it will look huger.

Post # 7
1510 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

It also totally depends on your ring size.  Any diamond will look bigger on a smaller finger.  If you have a size 5 finger or smaller, your 1.25 ct ring will look very substantial.  Granted, if you have a size 7 finger or larger, that same ring will look much smaller.

Post # 9
27 posts
Newbee

I was told that the princess, rectangle, and cushion cuts (maybe some others too) often look bigger because they do not have as much depth which makes the surface area that you see bigger.  Sometimes a round will be deeper which means less of the stone is seen on the surface… anyone else ever heard this?

Post # 10
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have a princess and can attest that rounds look much bigger of that same weight.

I also have fat fingers and mine is just under 1 carat, so I’m not help in that category. Sorry!

Post # 11
2532 posts
Sugar bee

Here it is…my FI holding it, and me wearing it where its really unclear…center stone is 1.34 I think???

[attachment=583053,76223] [attachment=583053,76224]

Post # 12
2532 posts
Sugar bee

Here is a side view

[attachment=583057,76225]

Post # 13
682 posts
Busy bee

Clare…GORGEOUS!

Post # 14
1189 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I have a .86 super high quality princess so it’s too small to post here, but I will say that our jeweler told us princess cuts look bigger than rounds.

Post # 15
682 posts
Busy bee

Eryepye, I don’t know why they would tell you that. Everything I have seen says the opposite, have you held it side by side with rounds of the same size? The rounds I’ve looked at side by side with my stone look significantly bigger. I searched for this quite a bit too and found many sites saying that rounds look larger then most fancy cuts of the same weight, including the princess. I wish it was the other way around, I LOVE the princess and have one too.

Post # 16
682 posts
Busy bee

Here’s one of many threads on pricescope about rounds vs princess (and most other shapes) for anyone interested, it actually has some measurements for comparison.

The topic ‘Can you please show me your 1.15-1.25 cwt Princess cuts!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors