(Closed) Candid 2000 album review!!!!

posted 10 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2008

Hey Tanya2s!  I’m glad the album came out so great!  How many pages did you get in one album?  and how many pictures were you allowed to put on each page?

Post # 5
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

tanya2s — Oh!  I am so excited for you and to hear that the results were good!  I can’t wait to get our new computer and start designing!!

Question: did you have any text elements or graphic elements (other than photos) in yours?  How did they turn out? (I had poor results on my Blurb album on those…see my extremely lengthy Blurb post in Beehive for details.)  I want to include our logo that I used on everything, but I’m nervous it won’t turn out nicely.  For $12, I’m OK with that…for $400, er, not so much. 

Hope Mrs. Bee lets you post as a guest a full review with photos in the blog! 

Post # 6
28 posts
Newbee

ooh thanks so much for the info! I’m definitely interested in hearing more details so I hope you get a guest post 🙂

PrincessKitty – I was interested in your post about blurb and the design elements, because I’ve been working on adding some flourishes etc to my own album design.. and since I’m new to all this design stuff I had not thought of that potentially being a problem. From looking over the candid2000 website, it looks like they sell preview booklets for relatively cheap ~ just $2.75 per page. Maybe you could order one of those with some of your logo and text images to see how they print?

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2005

Hi Tanya,

Which album did you order? The Destiny or the Tuscany? My photographer uses this site to make their albums. I’m very curious to see how your album turned out. I can’t wait to see the pictures! =)

Thanks for sharing the info on your album with us!

Post # 9
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

Oh, good news — sounds like my logo, etc. will work.  (I’m doing design in a combo of Illustrator and Photoshop, so everything is either EPS, TIFF or high res JPEG.)  It’s just something peculiar to Blurb ’cause of the way they upload/download to press.  All the other materials I had printed (VistaPrint, etc.) came out perfectly fine.  Just wanted to check that Candid2000 didn’t do the same thing Blurb did.

Lilac, that’s a great idea! I didn’t see that option on there.  I’ll have to take another look and try it out.  Thanks for the tip! 

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2007

Thank you, thank you for posting this!  I just finished designing my Tuscany album, so I’m glad to hear the great review!  I’m debating whether I should get the laquer spray or not.  It’s an extra $85 that I didn’t want to spend, but it might be worth it if it protects the album for longer.  Did you get it with your album, or get any sample composites with it?  Thanks.

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

tanya2s – any hopes of that guest blog or pictures?!  I’m just dying to see your album.  We are hoping Candid 2000 might be the answer to our wedding album dilemmas…. We ordered Blurb books for small family books for Christmas and weren’t overly thrilled with the quality, but we can’t afford our pro photographer’s albums, so this looks like a good option.  Thanks for posting your review… it sounds wonderful!

Post # 14
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I can’t wait to see it!!!!!

Post # 15
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Hi, I’m jumping in here way late. What website did you use? Candid2000.com redirects to a page that is for professionals only.

The topic ‘Candid 2000 album review!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors