(Closed) Candy Buffet, Cookie Table & Photo booth???

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

i WANT to do all three! but unfortunately the budget doesnt allow it. we had to choose our favourite, so we picked the candy buffet.  (I love sweet things and FI just loves food!)

Post # 4
1767 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@jt523806: I don’t know how your family works, but around here family members/friends typically pitch in to make cookies for the cookie table, so it’s pretty cost effective. If that isn’t typically done, maybe you could talk to them and say, “hey, I want to keep this tradition going, could you possibly help me with baking cookies to keep budget costs down?” They would probably be really excited to help out!

Post # 5
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I had the candy buffet and photo booth and it wasn’t to much.  I would do the cookie table since its a tradition and add the photo booth for fun, if the budget allows.

Post # 6
921 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think it all sounds awesome together

Post # 7
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m inviting myself to your wedding and eating all the candy and cookies and having fun in the photobooth and then i will give you my opinion:) 

JK…  I am seriously thinking I am cutting my candy buffet out:(  As much as I want one, I want a photo-booth more, and I honestly think a cookie buffet would be more cost effective:) 

My original plan was to have a candy buffet, a cheesecake buffet and a dinner buffet.  The cheesecake buffet got nixed (because I MUST Have a photobooth) which I am kind of bummed about, but over all, I am okay with that:) 

But if budget allows… have all 3.  🙂 enjoy!

Ronney

Post # 9
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@creativeplannertobee: uh >bookmark<  🙂  it may all be doable.  mostly i was thinking of just misc candy and having a couple color coordinated candies.  So, we will see.

I priced it all out last night:(  was ending up with like 200 dollars worth of candy, would rather put htat money towards a Day of Wedding Planner, ya know? 

Ronney

Post # 10
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

why don’t you combine the ‘cookie table’ and ‘candy buffet’ into one table?

Post # 11
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@banana_anna: this is what i am doing!  Cookie tables are tradition in my area too, and i am in love with having a candy buffet, so im going to combine the two into one big Sweets Buffet. 

Im also having a DIY photo booth : )

Post # 12
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

What is a cookie table exactly…or is it obvious? I have never heard of it, but I love cookies and sweets.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My fiance and I are actually doing all 3. I had originally planned on doing the Candy Buffet and Photobooth (we are making our own, instead of renting one to cut costs). Then one day my fiance started talking about the cookie table we were having at our wedding (he’s from Pittsburgh where it’s expected, we currently live in Southern California where it’s unheard of), once I got over the surprise of this expectation I had known nothing about I hopped on board. I certainly wasn’t going to say no to one of the few things he wants at the wedding. And thus we have started collecting candy and baking test batches of cookies. Should be fun!

The topic ‘Candy Buffet, Cookie Table & Photo booth???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors