Can't Decide: Casablanca 1975 or Allure bridal 2014 trunk

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: which do you think looks better?
    casablanca 1975 : (37 votes)
    37 %
    allure bridal 2014 trunk : (62 votes)
    63 %
  • Post # 3
    2657 posts
    Sugar bee

Both are gorgeous, but I think I agree that the Allure looks more bridal.  You really can’t go wrong with either, but I’d pick the one that makes you feel like a bride.

Post # 4
    168 posts
    Blushing bee

I prefer the casablanca. The back is stunning as well.

You cannot go wrong with either. 

Post # 5
    1646 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I really like both, you can’t go wrong with either dress!

Post # 6
    1262 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2015 - Mount Hermon

I love both!!!

Here’s my thing: those Queen Anne necklines (the high-in-the-back ones) look GREAT on a long-necked woman, with her hair up.  I don’t have a long, elegant neck, and I want to have my hair down at my wedding.  So, for me, it would be easy.  But for you, I can’t tell how your neck/chin looks in that Allure and I don’t know if you’re putting your hair up, so I can’t really tell you for sure. 

If you are putting your hair up, and you feel like that neckline looks good on you, go for whichever one you feel more like a bride in.  Which sounds like it might be the Allure.

Post # 7
    407 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014 - Morton Arboretum

I love the second dress.  You look very elegant.  The first dress is nice but I think the small straps is more casual slip dress feel.

Post # 8
    268 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

@1millionteddies:  I vote for the Casablanca. To be honest that is one of my favourite dresses. It probably would’ve been THE ONE. however I cannot get hold of it here in the UK.

You look amazing in it and I love that it’s a mix of bridal/sexy/lace/classy/train/straps/fitted/flattering……I could go on 🙂 I love it on you!

Post # 9
    2595 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

They are both gorgeous and your figure looks amazing in them. If I had to choose I suppose it would be based on the look and feel of the wedding. 

The Casablanca would be better if you’re having a more informal, romantic feel or a garden wedding, due to the flower appliqués and the way it flows.

The Allure is a bit more traditional, despite being as sexy as hell, and is suited to a grander venue. I also feel that it looks more expensive, whereas the Casablanca looks more “indie”.

Sorry I guess that doesn’t really help!

Post # 10
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@1millionteddies:  ah you look awesome in both! If I had to choose, I would say the allure… For a more traditional bridal look. But really, honestly, you look awesome in both!

Post # 11
    151 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

My dress (Allure 2455) is incredibly similar to the second one.  Although I wanted something very fitted, I also wanted to look ladylike, which I think is also captured in the Allure you tried on.  That being said, the Casablanca is a killer dress that oozes sex appeal.  I suppose it depends on the level of modernity and va-va-voom you wish to exude.  Either way you win.

Post # 12
    1021 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@1millionteddies:  damn, i see your dilemna!  i voted for the allure because it is a bit more unique.  you look gorgeous in both though, you won’t go wrong!

Post # 13
    Hostess
    10902 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

@1millionteddies: I prefer the Allure, as you say there’s something that’s more bridal about it.

Post # 14
    1627 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Could be the sample you tried on, but the Casablanca cups make you look dowdy.  

Post # 15
    1355 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I voted Allure. You look stunning in both but there’s something a little more special about the Allure imho.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors